Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teletubbies teddys Banned anyone remember this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teletubbies teddys Banned anyone remember this?

The Teletubbies were stars of a phenomenally successful BBC Children’s programme that first hit UK television screens in 1996. They were four characters with rounded tummies that went by the names of Laa Laa, Tinky Winky, Dipsy and Po. Their success brought a variety of spin-off merchandise to toy shops across the globe including versions that offered recordings of Teletubby speak.
    It was one such talking version that, according to The People newspaper of October 25, 1998, was summarily removed from American toy store shelves because US children thought that Po was saying offensive phrases in the form of “fatty fatty” or “faggot faggot.” The actual words being said were “fiddy fiddy”.

anyone remember ???

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Teletubbies teddys Banned anyone remember this?

I remember there were a few odd stories about the Tellytubbies over the years.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember there was an outrage because one of the phrases the dolls said was misinterpreted from "Again! Again!" to "I got a gun!"

Comment

i remember when the teletubbies firdt appeared on tv.
        but never knew they got banned because of what it was thought po said.

surely if that had been true they would have been banned over for saying such things.

i wonder are they still banned uin the U.S.

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
        The Teletubbies were stars of a phenomenally successful BBC Children’s programme that first hit UK television screens in 1996. They were four characters with rounded tummies that went by the names of Laa Laa, Tinky Winky, Dipsy and Po. Their success brought a variety of spin-off merchandise to toy shops across the globe including versions that offered recordings of Teletubby speak.
        It was one such talking version that, according to The People newspaper of October 25, 1998, was summarily removed from American toy store shelves because US children thought that Po was saying offensive phrases in the form of “fatty fatty” or “faggot faggot.” The actual words being said were “fiddy fiddy”.

anyone remember ???
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
        X