Plastic oranges and lemons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic oranges and lemons

Many years ago I encountered a vending machine that sold plastic oranges and lemons that opened up and contained a small toy. The toys were usually less than impressive but the oranges and lemons looked ace and you could conceal items inside them. The vending machine had a perspex window in it from where you could see all the oranges and lemons that were stored inside.

I have never seen another one of these machines.

Re: Plastic oranges and lemons

Plastic oranges and lemons sounds verry familiar but being sold in vending machies and with toys in them is something ive not heard of.

THE VENDING MACHINE WAS IT AT A SCHOOL.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think there was also another version. The vending machine had a clear top and a red (possibly other colours). You put your 5 pence in, turned the little handle and your little capsule would be dispensed at the bottom behind a little flap. The capsules were clear on end and coloured the other end. You pulled it apart, and out came your little toy. I remember one toy being a millipede. Light brown rubber if memory serves me correctly. It was great fun in school.
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I remember plastic oranges n lemons with tiny screw tops they were full of sherbet.
        Heather

Comment

ARE THESE THE ORANGES U MEAN HEATHER.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
          I remember plastic oranges n lemons with tiny screw tops they were full of sherbet.

Comment

No, similar but not the same

More like these http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/sherbet-filled-fruits.html
            Heather

Comment

Thnx heather.

I think they did limes as well im near sure they had some sort of liquid in them.

The limes where a dark green.

Originally posted by heather74 View Post
              no, similar but not the same

more like these http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/sherbet-filled-fruits.html

Comment

Working...
              X