X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Just Got This On Ebay.

Sometimes the estate of a deceased author have authorised some further books to be written if they fit the spirit of the original works.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    A few series of books have continues with ghostwriters after the retirement or death of the original author.
    I thought that the copyright of the original author lives on for many years after their deaths - however, it does seem weird for books published in recent years to be "written" by authors who had died decades before. The original author can be used as a "brand name" so that they live on in many ways.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

A few series of books have continues with ghostwriters after the retirement or death of the original author.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Pure guess 1967

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I have assumed that they couldn't be more recent than the late 1960s because Blyton died in 1968, but saying that, I have wondered whether someone had been using the Blyton name as a penname after her death in the same way that Roger Hargreaves' family did in order to write new Mr Men books.

Leave a comment:

• onthebusesfan
    started a topic Just Got This On Ebay.

Just Got This On Ebay.

Hello Everyone How Are You All

I Hope You all well.

I Just Brought This On Ebay The Other Day And I Would Love To Know What Year These Are From .

Cheers

This Lovely Little Thing For My Collection.
    Attached Files
Working...
X