X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best toy you NEVER had

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
    Metropolis Toys

Never even knew about this one until recently - aw. Nowt to do with Starsky and Hutch, but what a beast of a toy.

I think I mentioned the Indiana Jones toys in a previous post, but just in case I didn't, I would be remiss to leave them out.
    I don't think it was a Starsky & Hutch one, but I did have a toy gun just like that.

As to the thing i never got: TCR Total Control Racing. So much cooler than Scalextric.
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

it's been posted several times before, but in terms of 'toys I always wanted I had to include it here (my mate had one)

Johnny Seven Gun

And THIS or ANYTHING that came close to it:

Secret Sam

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Yeah! I always wanted a Johnny 7, ever since I saw it in a catalogue that was, for some reason, in our Scalextric box but dad wouldn't buy it 'cos it was too expensive. The boy in the next street had one though and I always looked forward to going round there. Oh, and his mum always gave me sausages for tea (we never got sausages at home).

Comment

i always wanted a mr frosty and also the hungry hippo's game and opeartion as well.

Comment

I always wanted:

- Simon
            I wanted one of these in 1979 for Xmas pretty badly. They were quite expensive at the time and they were advertised on tv every 5 minutes, taunting me...friends had them. I never got one.

- Mystery Date
            Neighbours had this and I wanted this version..which was the 60s version.

- Mystic Skull Game (I now have it!!)

- paint-by-numbers kit
            I begged my mum for these for xmas and my birthday but she wouldnt get me one because they were 'oil paints' back then and she reconed I'd get paint everywhere. Once again, my spoilt neighbours had them, so I had to help with theirs...sigh.
            Last edited by Etch-a-sketch; 27-07-2009, 19:43.

Comment

Mr frosty never was allowed it. But looking at this forum i was defo not alone!!!

Sylvanian Families - i had a collection of my little ponys and therefore didnt need them

cabbage patch kids - as above

slime ball - wasnt allowed it cos i was a girl

He-man - as above

and the one that haunts me today...my little pony waterfall. Just cos woolworths didnt have it.
              I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

oh aye forgot that games that you filled with water ill pop a photo on.

Blockbuster game, care bears, ghost castle board game, bed bugs, viewmaster and the HUGE one of all even though its not a game or toy.....clarks magic shoes.

I would of sold my gran for a pair of them shoes
                Attached Files
                I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by nessie View Post
                  oh aye forgot that games that you filled with water ill pop a photo on.

Blockbuster game, care bears, ghost castle board game, bed bugs, viewmaster and the HUGE one of all even though its not a game or toy.....clarks magic shoes.

I would of sold my gran for a pair of them shoes
                  I wanted Bedbugs but my Mum didn't like the idea of it. Also my parents didn't like buying toys that needed batteries unless we really wanted them.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

M.A.S.K.
                    Thundercats
                    Hasbro WWF figures and ring

Was too old for those toys, but they were so cool! Remember being seriously mad at the son of my parents' friends; he was older and DID have M.A.S.K., so unfair...

I did start collecting wrestling figures once I started making money

Comment

I desperately wanted a 2ft tall doll that walked on it's own I saw in a shop once.
                      It was very expensive and my mum and dad just could not afford it. :cry:
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I always liked those moving train which blows steam but I never had one of those. Course, it was kind of expensive.

Comment

Didn't have a Tomy 'Big Trak' 'til I was in my 30's (and then it didn't work). I always wanted one as a kid but my parents were too stingy! I think I had the same chemistry set (a Thomas Salter one) every year for about ten years.
                          "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Lego. Always wanted it, loved playing with it at my best friend's house, never got it.:cry:

(My son probably has the biggest Lego collection in Christendom, by way of compensation)

Also - Spiromatic. I had Spirograph (my doctor went to school with Denys Fisher, who invented it!) and I REALLY wanted Spiromatic after a neighbour's (older) daughter demonstrated hers to me. She said I was too young to touch it. My parents said "Maybe when you're a bit bigger'' but it never happened.

Comment

Hi All, my life would have been so different if i had got a Johnny 7
                              http://www.stuffwelove.co.uk/johnny_seven.htm
                              I pined for it, but never got it,,,,

Comment

hi, i just looked it up on EBAY £518.00...Dont think i will ever get one
                                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Johnny-7-toy-g...item1c1046163d

Comment

Working...
                                X