Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best toy you NEVER had

Originally posted by Southendnick View Post
    Has to be my Tomy Zoids hours of fun, with a collection of lego as well I built bases and repair bays for them.

Still got most of them somewhere.
    you done well to get zoids as i remember them being hard to get over here.
    how many have you of them and which ones mate.
    they where made in japan i think.
    they where massive over there.

i do remember the good side fought against each other.
    the bad side did not.

check this link it shows all of them apparently.
    http://youtu.be/2UoYJHE7h2A
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a Mr Frosty and like most comments on here it was absolutley rubbish.
      I always wanted an AT-AT from star wars, Big Trax, and a Hi Fi that was a giant can of coke.

Comment

Always wanted the game Operation - bought it once but it was faulty and it had to go back and they didn't have another.
        Also wanted a doll called Tippy Tumbles - was jealous of my friend who had one.
        Seem to recall somethign called Flower Drops as well - will have a look online now and see what it was exactly as am not even sure.

Comment

Re: Making flowers with paint?
          The UK version (from 1976) was made by Denys Fisher

Flower Drops
          The flower drops game I always wanted - you made flowers out of wire and dipped them in paint - sounds like a really thrilling game - no wonder my Mum didn't buy it for me

Comment

Can anyone remember those toy TVs you could get with the two knobs on the front that you twisted to get a scene moving across the screen? Wanted one of those too.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

A mate got one of these one christmas and a few of us played it to death, always wanted one of my own....Had a look on E-Bay not long ago and a boxed one was for sale from America at about £80...sooo tempted but my wife would have killed me

Comment

A remember a police pedal car being very popular when I was young. White and boxy with the orange stripe and a bent metal rod (i think) for pedals. Wanted one of those, or any sort of go-cart/pedal car really. Parents always said I'd be too lazy to use the pedals so I couldn't have one!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember 1 or 2 people who had those police pedal cars in the early 1980's.

About the same time I had a Tri-ang pedal racing car, which was good fun until I got my legs got too big to pedal it.

For a time I used to get friends to push me around on it, but eventually the steering broke & it was disposed of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8510.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	259979

Here's my sister giving it a drive.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wow I'm jealous! That car looks amazing. I was properly obsessed with wanting something four-wheeled and when I got older I moved onto wanting a bogey (the homemade car thing, not a snot) but pram wheels etc were scarce by then so I had a long wait. Eventually dad managed to knock one together when I was 12. I still loved it even though I was soon too old for it. Still, how many 12 year old girls would ride a bogey down the street now?
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Every year me and my brother would ask for Hungry Hippos and Mr Slushy and every Christmas, after the initial delight of opening our toys, we'd realise that again these two requests had fell on deaf ears for another year. We always got what we had asked for yet these two remained on the wanted list for more than a few years.

I never quite understood why are parents never got us these, especially as we asked them for them for about 4 years in a row, being a parent myself I understand and appreciate that at this time of year we can get a little forgetful as parents but if my daughters asked for something 4 years in a row, I'd like to think that at some point, Christmas or B/Days there request would be granted.

That's patens for you I suppose.

Comment

I always wanted a Mr Frosty, Scaletrix, a Werebear, Lego. I never got them

Comment

The main thing I always wanted but never got was a Chopper bike.Every body else had them but I was robbed of that dream when parants eventually got a sappy horrid green commando bike from somewhere.All my dreams and childhood ambitions destroyed almost overnight.Scarred for life and never really recovered from the shock,lol.

Comment

• Re: Best toy you never had

I still have my Haunted House game! It was my favourite! "Glendale throws the whammy ball down the chimney" was the moment you knew you had won. You drop the huge ball bearing down the chimney and it came out of a fireplace and knocked down one of the opponents witches! It was such a great game it even had stairs. An actual staircase! Awesome!

Comment

The best toy I never had was a wind up Evil Knevil. My friend up the road had one, he had everything! I coverted it from the John England Catalogue, glancing longingly at the page and watching the TV advert with envy. In reality it didn't actually Work like they pretended on the TV and had loads more great stuff. Most of which I have!

Comment

The one I'd always wanted was the Hot Wheels Road King Mountain Mining set (circa 1974-76). The truck alone from that set is now worth £400!

I also wanted the Corgi Green Hornet car.

Comment

Working...
                                X