• Show
Clear All

Re: Talking toy Monkey

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
    Where?What? now?
    sorry, misread it..old ebay post

Comment

ohhh ok, no problem, you had me going there for a minute, could have collected him by car too!! Never mind It looks like they come up now and then.Will keep checking, now until I have one, i was checking loads when I first came to DYR, but nothing came up, now looks like Ive missed two!!
      Heather

Comment

This one looks just like the one I originally posted
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jacko-Monkey-O...QQcmdZViewItem

for sale NOW

orig post
        Attached Files

Comment

well, the body and feet do

Comment

Yep you can see why we thought that was him,he's slighly darker brown and his face is slightly different.and of course he does not talk,where as mine is slightly more a ginger brown, and his face is more wrinkly.This is the one I am now convinced is my "Jack"

Minus the pink ribbon!!
            Heather

Comment

It Would Probably Be Right Too, As This Seems To Be The Only Talking Version We Have Found So Far
              Last edited by sixtyten; 31-07-2007, 22:09.

Comment

I'm a very happy bunny,just want one NOW lol, It's the childrens birthdays two weeks today, would make a nice little extra present for them, nah lol he's mine!!!!
                Heather

Comment

..and it would tie-in with the time scale. mid to late 70's/early eighties.
                  plus the fact you had to pull the arms (or swing him) to get him to talk.
                  I think he (Burbank Chatter chimp) is the one. The design probably changed slightly over the years. read that these were sold in Woolworths too.
                  Hard to believe there is not a dedicated page for Jacko collectors..he's been around since the late 50's!
                  I assume it would be possible to find one with a working voicebox? Old talking action men still turn up and they are ancient!, although as he ran on batteries,it could be a problem with leaking batteries and rusting contacts.
                  Another reason is the fact you recall him saying " my name is Jack".We know he's not a real Chad Valley jacko, but he's obviously based on one,as they were extremely popular. so saying Jack, not Jacko,fits in very well.
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 31-07-2007, 23:35.

Comment

The first one I saw on ebay stated that he was indeed in full working order, so I'm hoping so,I'd love to hear his little voice again.
                    Yes I agree it's strange no one has started a web site, as most people seemed to have owned one, the Chad Valley ones seemed very popular.
                    Heather

Comment

we had something similar (or should that be simian) as kids, but it was made of that foam rubber with wire to hold its shape that rots over time.It was a clothed chimp in the Jacko style.Think we got him from a jumble sale.

Comment

We had toy's made of that foam stuff too, always ended up looking like someone had taken chunks out of it!! Then again in our house with 5 kids, and all sorts of pets, something or someone probably had
                        Heather

Comment

Yep..they all had chunks missing
                          No replies yet,Tiamaria?

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                            all sorts of pets, something or someone probably had
                            Our pet Corgi ate several of my large plastic soldiers and my mums powder puffs,which were drying in front of the heating in the 70's
                            the powder puffs came out the 'other end' looking the same!

Comment

LOL Dan found that too Nice drink that Tiamaria

Daz just got an Email from the seller on Ebay, he did indeed say "have a banana, i was so excited i almost forwarded it
                              Last edited by Heather74; 01-08-2007, 00:35.
                              Heather

Comment

Excellent news..so we are looking for the Burbank/pedigree mongrol

what did she say about the "pedigree" bit?

Oh and forward it..

Comment

Working...
                                X