Peter Pan Playthings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Pan Playthings

Does anyone remember Peter Pan Playthings that used to make lots of toys and games in the 1970s and 1980s? They were based in Peterborough (I think, hence the "Peter" bit of the name), and they ceased production in the mid 1990s perhaps? - I vaguely remember a regional news report that mentioned that they had ceased trading in around 1995 - around the same that Rumbelows had bit the dust? They were a toy company in the same vein as Palitoy, Action GT, Mattel, Bandai, Playskool, Fisher Price, Bluebird and others. I often associated the name "Peter Pan" with the toy company rather than the story that the character came from. Of course, the final few pages of the Argos catalogue, particularly the autumn and winter editions had the logo prominently displayed on the pages.

I am certain that lots of mostly ITV board game versions of game shows were made by them - Ted Rogers had a 3-2-1 board game as one of the clues on the MacGuffin table in around 1983-1984 (the same item led directly to Dusty Bin, I believe), and Rogers kept referring to the board game clue as the "family version". The Play Your Cards Right board game spin-off was also made by them as well. The Price is Right also had one as well, perhaps?

I saw an old ad break from around Christmas 1988 which had the Peter Pan logo on it, and I often used to see it during ad breaks for Saturday morning children's TV programmes, and sometimes on Children's ITV as well.

It was a red circular logo with the Peter Pan character flying inside it, and a white boundary with "Peter Pan Playthings" written around it - seeing the logo after many years took me back.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

I only remember the Frustration game and the triangular dominoes (Triominoes?)
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Weren't Trionminoes made by Ideal? (another toy company brand from the past) - I had an early 1980s Argos catalogue for many years (the autumn and winter 1982 edition to be precise) which had them illustrated on one of the toys and games pages.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
      X