Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 50th to the Lego Brick

January 2008

The Lego Brick is celebrating it's 50th Birthday, must be one of the best toys ever made, enjoyed by millions of kids AND adults worldwide.
    My brother had what looked like a drawer full with a red slide on lid when we were younger. Me I'm a girl I loved to build houses and shops with gardens,made up of the flat green piece of course for the grass and the little tree shapes,also loved the fact we had proper little windows,doors and gates that really opened. Hours and hours of fun. SO Happy Birthday Lego Bricks everywhere

What constuctions and sets did you make and own?
    Last edited by Heather74; 28-01-2008, 09:05.
    Heather

Re: Happy 50th to the Lego Brick

GOD BLESS LEGO !! and a very Happy Birthday.

My son had a very bad accident at the age of 10 in 1977 and his recovery took a long while. He needed to learn to walk, talk and of course needed his dexterity exercising. That's where the Lego came in !! They had a set in the Childrens ward and he loved it, so when he came home we bought the largest set on the market which came in a wooden box the size of quite a large drawer with a slide lid. He spent many happy hours with it and it passed on down to his brothers and sisters. Money extremely well spent and a job well done
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I did hear that Lego was celebrating it's 50th birthday. I occasionally pick up the odd lego set here and there. This is a pic of part of my collection.

I also have the airport with plane, beach house, a few big car sets, and most of the Star Wars minis. Trouble is the kids are a bit young to play with it properly and it ends up looking like a tornado has hit it.

Here is a cool lego clip from youtube:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTmuROV842w
      "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Wow Steve cool collection you have there, hours of fun,Do you ever pull it apart or is it on permanant display?
        Heather

Comment

Sadly, it is all packed away until the kids are old enough to look after it.

This is what happened last time my daughter got hold of it.

A sad day in Legotown.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

LOL a girl after my own heart!! Smash it,smash it.
            Heather

Comment

According to my mum wen i was a wee nipper, my youngest bro had to resort to getting in my playpen cos id keep wrecking whatever he was making with his lego lol. Then it got passed down to me....such fun...i wish i hadnt given it away Oh well...happy 50th anniversary lego!!
              Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
              X