No announcement yet.

raspberry blowing toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Comment

help please..toy like boglins

hi people

really need some help, lookin for a toy both me and my sister had in the late 80's.
      if anyone remembers 'boglins' they were similar!
      im looking for the soft toy version, im goin to do my best to describe
      1. soft toy only had a head (like boglins) with 2 legs
      2. bright colours- my sisters was orange with a blue tuft of hair on his lumpy head, mine was yellow and green
      3. if you squeezed them their tongues rolled out and made a farting nosie.
      4. no bigger than a football.
      cant really describe in great detail other than they were that so ugly and weird they seemed cute. several different aliens/heads were made all in different bright colours. REALLY need to find the name or somewhere to buy. i'll shut up now im starting to get boring
      thanks
      ~Laydee J~

Comment

Re: help please

Ok.. I cant find a picture, hopefully someone else might know where to find one, but... Does the name Rascals ring any bells?

Here's what I found

"Rascals-toy from the 80's- It was a type of stuffed animal. You would push the stomach and their tongue would come out, accompanied by a farting noise. I had the chick one called Windy."
        Last edited by Heather74; 10-06-2008, 11:19.
        Heather

Comment

yes and no- were rascals all cute animals or did they have ugly aliens like creatures? my sisters was orange with a blue tuft of hair and a nobbly head, 2 legs with claws and warts- and mine was yellow and blue so ugly it was cute lol?
          ~Laydee J~

Comment

Unfortunatly I cant find much more about them apart from this discription

" a stuffed toy that when you squeezed it, it made a raspberry noise along with its tongue bursting out of its mouth"

Sadly it just says stuffed toy, not what it actually was, i'll do some more digging
            Heather

Comment

thats very kind thank you!
              ~Laydee J~

Comment

I too think these are Rascals

Info I found..
                "Do you remember "Rascals"? There was like, 4 of them & they were sort've like stuffed animals/creatures that you'd squeeze. When you squeezed 'em they're tongues would flap around & make a "razz" sound, also like a fart. There were 3 "male" Rascals & one "female" Rascal. I know my friend Alison had the girl one & I had 2 of the male ones; my sister had the green one (Thunder I think his name was) that I'd always wanted. "

Comment

i have googled 'rascals' til im blue in the face and still cant find a photo!
                  ~Laydee J~

Comment

it may take a while but one will turn up, now there's three or four of us looking. Ebay usually throws most stuff up sooner or later
                    Heather

Comment

Thats Wicked!!!

i should of posted on here ages ago hehe
                      ~Laydee J~

Comment

Re: help please..toy like boglins

hi i think have one of the rascals you are on about up in my loft. i will get it down and take a pic so people know what they are looking for i had a pink one with a yellow tuft of hair will post pic on here asap

Comment

Re: help please..toy like boglins

So pleased to finally have found RAZZCALS

Name always helps ...aka Grumples(UK) made by Matchbox http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_Grumples.htm
                          Heather

Comment

Re: raspberry blowing toy

I had one of those! That same yellow model too. I was scared of mine because I remember getting it out once and it had a dead wasp on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X