Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sopwith and Fokker ball bearing game!! Also Super Striker

Hi all,

I'm keen to introduce some of the wicked toys I played with ,back in the day, to my two young boys.

This particular one I can't seem to find anywhere.

It had two fighter planes that stood opposite each other on ,I think, a yellow plastic board with raised sides and two troughs at each end to stop the ball bearings that were fired. The ball bearings were fired from a gun attached to the planes and the idea was to hit the two tabs that held the planes upright. Once hit the plane would fall nose down rendering it unable to fire and hence out of the game.

Any ideas of the name of the game anyone??

I've tried searching the internet and Ebay!! and apart from the good old Rebound game nothing comes close.
    P.S Also I'm after buying a Parker or Palitot Super Striker. Does anyone have a contact?

Re: Sopwith and Fokker ball bearing game!! Also Super Striker

First one might be Sky Battle ?
    Heather

Comment

Re: Football and cowboy toys

Hmmmmmm,

Doesn't ring a bell but it give me somthing to work on.

Thanks I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

FOUND IT!!

Well done. Its Sky Battle made by Ideal

This is what I have just read from a website after the best toy ever...

But the winner? The winner is a toy that nobody else I know has ever even heard of. I’d never heard of it myself when I ripped the paper off a satisfyingly big box one Christmas morning and wondered what on earth it was.
        It didn’t take long for me to catch on, though. Sky Battle, by Ideal, was a World War I flying aces game with two plastic bi-planes at each end of a curved cardboard sky. Underneath each plane was a ball-bearing gun, much like those used in Crossfire, which you used to shoot out the supporting struts underneath the wings of your opponent’s plane, causing it to go into a nosedive. Then it was home in time for tea and medals.
        Simple, addictive and with a surprising level of skill involved, Sky Battle remained a favourite toy for years. Like all of the best toys from your childhood, I have no idea where it disappeared to, but I do know that finding another one will be difficult when nobody else seems to have heard of it.

Thank you Heather

Comment

Excellent
          Heather

Comment

Here's a pic. Not the actual one but similar!! Night night!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcanda View Post
              FOUND IT!!

Well done. Its Sky Battle made by Ideal

This is what I have just read from a website after the best toy ever...

But the winner? The winner is a toy that nobody else I know has ever even heard of. I’d never heard of it myself when I ripped the paper off a satisfyingly big box one Christmas morning and wondered what on earth it was.
              It didn’t take long for me to catch on, though. Sky Battle, by Ideal, was a World War I flying aces game with two plastic bi-planes at each end of a curved cardboard sky. Underneath each plane was a ball-bearing gun, much like those used in Crossfire, which you used to shoot out the supporting struts underneath the wings of your opponent’s plane, causing it to go into a nosedive. Then it was home in time for tea and medals.
              Simple, addictive and with a surprising level of skill involved, Sky Battle remained a favourite toy for years. Like all of the best toys from your childhood, I have no idea where it disappeared to, but I do know that finding another one will be difficult when nobody else seems to have heard of it.

Thank you Heather
              This was part of an editorial I wrote on my website. Of all the toys I remember playing with as a boy this is one that really sticks in my mind. Like many others I keep an eye on eBay hoping to find one but no luck so far. I'm sure my two boys would love it as much as I did!

Comment

Re: Sopwith and Fokker ball bearing game!! Also Super Striker

Bigger Picture

Comment

Working...
                X