Smoking Monkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoking Monkeys

I don't remember the plastic monkey version but those puffing cigarettes were a regular component in the "Indoor firework " set that always appeared and got lit at Christmas, with various odd pyrotechnic effects from the quite spectacular to the pathetic.

YouTube - 20 original Indoor Fireworks from the 80s

Smoke Bombs and Alternative Indoor Fireworks

The puffing cigarettes"were either inserted into a cardboard stand up face or, on at least one occasion, as the barrel of a cardboard "field gun".
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I once was given a Jungle Book themed indoor firework set for one birthday. Taking no chances my Dad lit them outside, some were better than others, the pellets that turned into worms seemed really weird.

I remember an episode of South Park where the town made the world's largest one with amusing results.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

the smoking monkey...and other toys

hi...can anyone remember the smoking monkey....as a kid in the 70's we used to buy these from the bus station shop....it was about 2" tall with folded arms and legs and in the packs where about 5 tiny rolled up pieces of paper you put 1 in the monkeys mouth and lit it and every now and then it would blow a smoke ring!......think they where 2p at the time.

Comment

Re: the smoking monkey...and other toys

Yeah, I remember ma Mum always having to light it for us, think they got as much amusement outta it as we did
          BTW, I think u can still get them??
          DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I used to have one. We used to have a shop that sold these as well as other joke type things, like stink bombs and the like. Benshaws was the name of the shop. It was like going back in time going in there. There was big old Victorian display cabinets on the walls, and it was very dimly lit. It was a marvellous shop, wish it was still there now :cry:
            Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Working...
            X