X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mail order/ Old Argos Catalogues

Originally posted by big kid View Post
    i've just bought one of those raleigh trucks.
    I had the Streak Racing & The Hotwheels Contruction site, & some friends at the time had some of the other items.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Re: Old Catalogue toy pages

Im in heaven!

Comment

I remember some of these as my brother and sister had them, like the garage my big brother had that, my sister had the love heart barbie and other stuff, i had, the tape deck with three buttons made by tomy that played the tapes you got with it. i also had the orvelle toy too. This brought back good memories for me, thanks for posting

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	chad valley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	259992
          i had this for my christmas present in the 50shappy hours

Comment

I had the Stuntbuster Dukes Of Hazzard set pictured, with a friction powered General Lee and Barn/alley/ramp set on which the car could be aimed at to perform various stunts. I also had the Denys Fisher Stock Car Smash Up with the blue VW Beetle and red pick-up truck. Hours of fun with those.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by davidthomas27 View Post
              Here are some scans from the Autumn 1985 Argos catalogue - I had the A-Team camp set.(The Ewok vilage in the second post might look familiar if you look at the Robin Hood post!)

I got the A - TEAM Tank for my birthday in 1986 along with the 4 pack of figures to go with it....pretty naff all in all. The figures broke easily. And I'd actually wanted either the A - TEAM VAN or ACTION FORCE stuff that year, especially the S.A.S. Panther Jeep with driver called STALKER.....I also had the larger Hannibal figure at the height of its craze in 1983/4, my Dad once went skitz during an arguement with my Mum and threw Hannibal and his arms broke off as well as his knees, naff quality then. Dad originally bought me Hannibal, apparently they 'didn't have FACE in stock' but I guess he decided to buy me 'the leader' as that was his style....I laugh at the image of him smashing it now...I also remember getting a slap that ruined my birthday when I refused to eat a piece of the cake they got me so all in all it was a pretty naff birthday but then most of mine have been.

The tank ended up being burnt in my current garden one fine summers afternoon with lots of white spirt being poured on it and loads of well soaked toilet paper and a 'surplus to requirements' Cobra Trooper from Action Force....lol. No loss really as it reminded me of my rubbish birthday when I got it. Must have been around 1987 when I burnt it I think....

New Years 1986 I got the larger FACE figure and a red 3 wheel bike with trailer from the A - TEAM line that had a 'disc shooting flame thrower' on it...the handlebar broke and when I bent FACE'S knee, that broke too...like I said, Lewis Galoob made rubbish A -TEAM toys....

Comment

Originally posted by big kid View Post
                i've just bought one of those raleigh trucks.
                Whats a Raleigh truck???

Comment

This thread is brilliant, never thought I'd see some of those toys again! It's great looking back at them, I had so much of whats on there! : )

Comment

Originally posted by davidthomas27 View Post

WOW THIS is amazing.
                    as a hige m o t u fan this takes my breath away.
                    snake mountain looks great.
                    dar better than in the cartoon.

always wanted these but never got them
                    still want them.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This is a great thread, lots of nostalgia flowing from it (especially from the early 90s Turtles figures for me). It's amusing how Argos was insistent on putting quote marks around things they didn't deem to be real words, like 'jaw-bridge' and even 'teddies' (for the Were-Bears). Couldn't imagine them wasting the space now. Surprised Hasbro didn't ever tell them how to spell Transformers properly as well.

The other thing I find interesting is that Argos has never been afraid of either hedging its bets or misleading its customers a bit when it comes to popular brands. 'Transformers is huge? Lets put loads of Go-bots and some cheaper non-brand stuff on the same page! WWF figures are toy of the year? Let's put some WCW one right next to them!' No wonder so many kids would end up disappointed by Christmas presents from confused relatives.

I don't suppose anyone has scans from the '87 Argos cats? I'm curious to see how/if they showed Visionaries figures in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Transmit Him View Post

The other thing I find interesting is that Argos has never been afraid of either hedging its bets or misleading its customers a bit when it comes to popular brands. 'Transformers is huge? Lets put loads of Go-bots and some cheaper non-brand stuff on the same page! WWF figures are toy of the year? Let's put some WCW one right next to them!' No wonder so many kids would end up disappointed by Christmas presents from confused relatives.

I don't suppose anyone has scans from the '87 Argos cats? I'm curious to see how/if they showed Visionaries figures in them.
                        I used to be surprised that WAC showed both the Transformers & Go-bots cartoons.

Comment

I had the Hot Wheels construction site, the Bigfoot, the pull sled, that big Tonka dumper and the Yorkie lorry. I wanted the streak racer set but never got it. I wish I still had the Bigfoot. That was a quality toy and it lasted for years until the electrics stopped working. But the construction site was a big Christmas disappointment as I didn't have any construction vehicles at the time to use with it.

Comment

I also had the Hot Wheels construction site, though I had some construction vehicles already to play with it. It came with lots of girders, stacks of bricks & timber etc. moulded in orange plastic.

It was around for many years at my parents house, & might be still in their attic.

Comment

• Re: Old catalogue pages.

i had the duck pyramid and the humming top or as i called it the spinning top.

man this thread is superb.
                              hardly look at it.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post

I once posted some where on the forum about a torch I owned as a child, that changed colour, as far as I can remember it had red and green perspex sheets that slid over or under the clear lens.
                              I thought it would be impossible to find as someone said there were may different makes, but here it is amongst these treasures from 1982
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• Re: Mail order catalogues

Check out this facebook page guys it's fantastic loads of memories on it, from toys to sweets, tv shows. http://www.facebook.com/70s80sKidsTh...eRolled?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
                                X