Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren, how can I forget Zoids? Those little rubber bolts that fastened the joints got everywhere! Even now, over 20 years later, they turn up in the most unlikely of places.
    My 2 faves were Giant ZRX & Redhorn the Terrible. The little wind up ones were fun too.

Comment

• Re: Old Catalogue toy pages

Originally posted by Brer Bunny View Post
      Darren, how can I forget Zoids? Those little rubber bolts that fastened the joints got everywhere! Even now, over 20 years later, they turn up in the most unlikely of places.
      My 2 faves were Giant ZRX & Redhorn the Terrible. The little wind up ones were fun too.
      great to see someone remember these.

can these be bought anywhere.
      i think there was a cartoon of these.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

If you follow the 'more' link one this thread Darren, it takes you to the main page, If you look down the right hand side there are a few ebay links to the toys

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ighlight=zoids
        Heather

Comment

thanks a lot heather.

check this below.

look at how many zoids this fella has.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoYJHE7h2A
          look How many he has BB

Comment

Darren, how can I forget Zoids? Those little rubber bolts that fastened the joints got everywhere! Even now, over 20 years later, they turn up in the most unlikely of places.
            i remember the good side actually fought amongst themselves.
            the nad sise did not.
            how many of these where made.

it seems these never became as popular as say he man figured etc.

Comment

• Originally there were only zoids. They were always blue in colour and all fought each other. Then Tomy introduced Red Zoids and the Blues joined forces against them. Blue Zoids had gold pilots. Reds had silver pilots. Then Tomy introduced Zoids which weren't based on dinosaurs such as the Sabretooth and the Ape. Can't remember who was on whose side then!

Comment

Originally there were only zoids. They were always blue in colour and all fought each other. Then Tomy introduced Red Zoids and the Blues joined forces against them. Blue Zoids had gold pilots. Reds had silver pilots. Then Tomy introduced Zoids which weren't based on dinosaurs such as the Sabretooth and the Ape. Can't remember who was on whose side then!
                You mean Zaber and Gor, Lord Protector, they were both on the blue side. Tomy re-released Zoids a while back and I have a red version of Zaber called Zaber Fang, I like to call him Red Zaber, hes a baddie lol.

Comment

I had castle greyskull, but never got snake mountain for my poor Skeletor figure. Did anyone here notice how He-man's and Skeletor's swords joined together back to back to make one sword? I never found out the significance of that and certainly cannot recall any episode where the two swords were joined!
                  It was to do with the backstory Mattel created, basically, 'The Sword of He' was made into two parts. Both held originally at Castle Greyskull by the Goddess, precursor to The Sorceress. One half was always welded by the current protector of the Castle and its secrets, whoever was chosen for that mantle became 'HE - MAN' as in, welder of the Sword of He...Eventually, Skeletor stole one half of the sword whilst Adam, Prince of Eternia became the current HE - MAN...The story went that whomever joins the two halves together will become the master of the universe, unlocking all of the castles secrets in the process!

Incidentally, the castle was named after KING GREYSKULL, he was Prince Adam's ancestor and the first welder of the Sword of He...

Im amazed at how much **** I know...lol.

Comment

• Wow, that's an interesting back story. They should have done more with it in the show. Would have been fun seeing them joined.
                    That info on the Zoids was good too. I have a blue Zoid that floats on water. Was there any other floating Zoids for it to battle?

Comment

Originally posted by lynnski View Post
                      And Colour Witch? That was pens or crayons with a witches hat on and little blocks of paint in couldrens(sp).
                      Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                      Good God! that's a major memory I'd forgotten
                      Yes, me and my Sister had the Witches paints.. would LOVE to see them again.
                      I assume they were from the late 60's, as we had them in the very early 70's, and I think they came from a jumble sale.
                      I can just see the little hats and black plastic cauldrons now
                      Here we go Colour Witch by Joyment Ltd
                      Heather

Comment

Brilliant!! Wow

Comment

Wow! Two forgotten memories in one day. I had the Colour Witches, too. Must have been the early '70s. A good day for memories, this

Comment

• Re: Mail order catalogues

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                            Fantastic Thread... brings back so many memories of the toys when I was a kid... Cheers to all those who contributed the images.

That Garage on that page is one of the earliest toys I can remember having.

Great looking back at the prices of some of the stuff, compared to today - and also to see some of the long gone toys brands (Palatoy, Dinky, Denys Fisher, etc).

Comment

Brilliant - remember the garage - my sons played for hours with this.

Comment

• Re: Mail order/ Old Argos Catalogues

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                                i've just bought one of those raleigh trucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X