X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiop
    replied
    Re: Pocketeers

These were brilliant! I had the fruit machine one and the angling one. Great memories.

Leave a comment:

• rossobantam
    replied

yeh I was never a fan of these early LCD games (though we have obv moved on what with the fab Xbox 360 now, which I'm addicted to!)

my missus has one of the 70's (Tomy?) Captain Caveman games...played it recently..dull: bop the dinosaur on the head, steal the egg, repeat repeat

Leave a comment:

• Derekflint
    replied

Ah Rally.

I loved that game when I was a kid (I seem to recall being told off for playing with it when I was at the school chess club when I should have been playing chess). I do wish that they would make them again - the electronic games that followed miss a certain something (certainly a great majority do).

Mattel Masters of the Universe

Compare Rally (and another favourite, Bombard) to the above - the electronic game loses hugely to the likes of Pocketeers.

Leave a comment:

• rossobantam
    replied

these were my two (only two I had? not sure, but these are still in my mum's loft somewhere)

Both oddly named..first wasn't a rally, more like a driving school
    Second more of an obstacle course (oh and my little orange boat always seemed to get stuck as you tried to move it across the 'lake')

Rally, 1976

Steeplechase, 1978

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied

Was trying to remember a fruit machine game that I had, took a while to think what it was but this is definately it.

Leave a comment:

• Sculpher
    replied

I had the fruit machine (still do) and the table football one - although that was stolen from me on the last day of school (you know - when everyone's allowed to bring a toy in). Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Stockcarfan
    replied

Still got Golf unboxed & Grand Prix in the Rock & Roll box ( ) and Rally. Do you's realise you got me looking for them. I must still have the others I had if that's anything to go by as I chuck nothing away.

Now where's Rock & Roll, if I can find that & box it up again.

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

complete list :0)
    http://masters.me.uk/pocketeers/comp...pocketeers.htm

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Just looked again,and my memory is wrong. I did not have Golf, as that was one that came out of the box. may have been angling

Leave a comment:

• Stockcarfan
    replied

I has the golf one and erm rally, erm two or three others I cant rememebr off hand.
    Last edited by Stockcarfan; 30-05-2007, 23:14.

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied

Oh, you mean the toy quiz, sorry, couldn't access that for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

The quiz that everyone was trying to complete has one in it, and someone had a memory of a horse racing game. I thought it might have been like the racing one shown above

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied

Quiz/Horse game?

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

We briefly mentioned Pocketers whilst talking about the quiz/horse game..I had the golf one. great fun

Leave a comment:

• stevef
    replied
    Pocketeers

Anyone remember these little gems from the 80's? I remember having these four - it took me ages to remember what they were called.

Here is a good link to view the other Pocketeers that were available back then.
    http://masters.me.uk/pocketeers/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X