• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twocky61
    replied
    Re: Sarah Sugden

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    They looked nothing like each other
    My sentiments exactly - what would it have taken for the producers to find a lookie likie?

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
    Emmerdale had a different Jack Sugden when it started, he went away for awhile and came back a different actor. Then his girlfriend/wife did the same thing. Maybe it was really a sci-fi show!

It seems accepted in soaps, I've seen it happen in a few, mostly with kids growing up to be often very different looking and acting people... (Rosie in Coronation Street). It happened a few times on the U.S. Dark Shadows in the late '60s.
    Jack's brother Joe was played by Frazer Hines, who was Jamie in Dr Who in the 1960s, & married Kate played by Sally Knyvette who had been Jenna in Blake's 7!

Neighbours seemed to be fond of "head transplanting" as my brother calls it. Lucy had 3 different performers, & the 2 Codys couldn't have been more different.

Leave a comment:

• beccabear67
    replied

Emmerdale had a different Jack Sugden when it started, he went away for awhile and came back a different actor. Then his girlfriend/wife did the same thing. Maybe it was really a sci-fi show!

It seems accepted in soaps, I've seen it happen in a few, mostly with kids growing up to be often very different looking and acting people... (Rosie in Coronation Street). It happened a few times on the U.S. Dark Shadows in the late '60s.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

Not to mention Dr. Who...

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Neighbours were keen on "head transplants" (as my brother calls bad recasting), though at least characters went away normally, Lucy Robinson had 2, though the first 2 actresses to play her did look similar at least.

The 2 who played Cody Willis weren't.

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

They could at least have done what they did for Scott Robinson when Jason Donovan took over and had him with his whole head in bandages first.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Normally recasting for adult characters tend to be done with a gap, rather than suddenly.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    The Emmerdale character Sarah Sugden was originally played by Madeline Howard and later by Alison Spyro

It's as if we wouldn't notice that Sarah Sugden in the following episode was being played by another actress Alison Spyro
    They looked nothing like each other

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    started a topic Sarah Sugden

Sarah Sugden

The Emmerdale character Sarah Sugden was originally played by Madeline Howard and later by Alison Spyro

It's as if we wouldn't notice that Sarah Sugden in the following episode was being played by another actress Alison Spyro
Working...
X