Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actors who seem to be in everything but you've no idea what their name is

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I am referring to the spectacled gentleman in this Appeltise advert; he a looks a bit "Dennis Taylor on his day off" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdHTZYOEH3A
    Quoting myself yet again, I have just found that the actor's name was Nigel Lambert. Ironically, he was still alive when I originally quoted that, but he had passed away around a month later in September 2024. I believe that he was also in that mid 1980s Country Manor advert where, in a sub-Ayckbourn stage play setting, he is seen with two twin women on a sofa before saying "my train" and making himself scarce.
    Last edited by George 1978; 17-08-2026, 03:11.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

      Quoting myself yet again, I have just found that the actor's name was Nigel Lambert. Ironically, he was still alive when I originally quoted that, but he had passed away around a month later in September 2024. I believe that he was also in that mid 1980s Country Manor advert where, in a sub-Ayckbourn stage play setting, he is seen with two twin women on a sofa before saying "my train" and making himself scarce.
      He was in Dr Who, Blake's 7 & was the narrator of the first series of Look Around You.
      The Trickster On The Roof

      Comment


      • #18
        I didn't know that he was still on TV in the 2000s - I assume that he looked rather older by then and not much like how he looked 20 years earlier. He doesn't look like a Nigel (but then again the newly-returned Reform MP in Clacton doesn't look like one either...) Lambert also appeared in an Acykbourn-themed play on Radio 4 in the mid 1980s as well.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

        Comment


        • #19
          ben miller is one who is in a lot of things.
          but can stand him.

          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

          Comment


          • #20
            The actress Kate Lock played five different characters in The Bill from around 1989 to 1996 - all five episodes were on YouTube in early 2022 and after I found them all, I made a montage of all five of them, printed them out and sent them to her agent for her to autograph which she did before posting it back to me. It's remarkable that all five characters look like diferent women to each other, and it's amazing to think that the same person had played all of them; the only thing that they had in common was that they all wore skirts, but that is just one thing. With regards to her final character in around 1996, she played a woman who looked so much like the late Diana, Princess of Wales that it made me think whether Kate had ever portrayed her in a film or series at one point. I bet that she could have done so!
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

            Comment

            Working...
            X