Advert for jam is driving me crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advert for jam is driving me crazy.

For some reason, an advert popped into my head last week. Some time in the 70s and there it is on the telly. A cartoon character jumps into a beautiful cartoon countryside that’s on the label of the jam jar. I tried jumping into it as well… big bump on head etc.
    Am pretty sure I’ve never thought of that ad since it happened. Now, it’s there, all the time. Nagging at me.
    Anyone remember the ad or the make of jam?

I think it might have been Robertson's jam, there was a very cheery song that went with it, something like this.

We're off to Robertson's land, see you at tea- time
    We're off to Robertson's land see you at tea- time
    See you at tea- time

Would have been early to mid seventies, I can even remember the tune

Comment

B***dy hell, mate. That sounds like it could be the one. I was convinced it was something other than Robertson’s. Seemed too obvious. Spent ages researching UK jam brands in the 70s. (Am sure that’ll come in useful one day.)
      Was it the, er, Robertson’s ‘icon’ that launched himself into the label?
      Thanks so much! That was my first post. My missus found the forum for me. Think she was fed up of listening to me go on about it.
      Nice to be among kindred spirits!! Looking forward to sharing more ‘golden’ (shred) memories.

Comment

PS - can I take it that you're a Rover driver?

Comment

Originally posted by DLad View Post
          B***dy hell, mate. That sounds like it could be the one. I was convinced it was something other than Robertson’s. Seemed too obvious. Spent ages researching UK jam brands in the 70s. (Am sure that’ll come in useful one day.)
          Was it the, er, Robertson’s ‘icon’ that launched himself into the label?
          Thanks so much! That was my first post. My missus found the forum for me. Think she was fed up of listening to me go on about it.
          Nice to be among kindred spirits!! Looking forward to sharing more ‘golden’ (shred) memories.
          No probs, glad I could help!
          As I remember the Robertson's icon initially removed himself from the jar and skipped through the landscape with a young boy. I think the child might have been a real actor superimposed on the colourful rural background, that's when the song kicked in.
          At the end the two characters gave each other a hearty wave and the Robertson's character leapt back onto the jar and became static once again.

I've had a quick look on YouTube and can't find the advert, it might well be tucked away in a compilation of 70's ads perhaps?
          As for the Rover thing,I grew up in the West End of London (W1) and moved around a little bit before ending up in Sussex, hence Rover.

Good luck searching for the advert!

Comment

Cheers, mate. Appreciate it. Yes, your description is spot on. That was it.

Comment

Working...
            X