Persil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persil

I caught an ad for Persil tonight, it's apparently 100 years old this year. The ad features clips of persil ads from over the decades, quite nostalgic watching
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Persil

I've seen this already. Great advert

"Oh Mum!!!"
    Heather

Comment

I've noticed a few old ads,is it because of an anniversary of commercial tv?
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
        I caught an ad for Persil tonight, it's apparently 100 years old this year. The ad features clips of persil ads from over the decades, quite nostalgic watching
        I saw that. Thought it was cool. Not as good as the Hovis advert a few months back though.

Who remembers the "Let me try" toothpaste advert from the 80's? The majorly annoying kid in that was actually Nigel Harman aka Dennis from Eastenders! Who knew that such a cringeingly horrible child would evolve into THAT nice bit of totty?
        "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
        sigpic

Comment

yeah I remember the one from 1986 of the lad that spills the persil all over the floor as he walks over to the washing machine reading the label. "Oh mum!"

Comment

My Nan named her cat persil because she was pure white, nan wrote to persil and told them and sent a photo, they never replied.
            Heather

Comment

Aww poor Nan, thats multinationals for you
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

What I loved about those commercials was that the new improved formula is always sooo much better than the rubbish you were buying before. In other words, the stuff Persil were selling was rubbish at washing clothes before, but now it's great!

2 years later.

The stuff Persil were selling was rubbish at washing clothes before, but now it's great!

2 years later.

The stuff Persil were selling was rubbish at washing clothes before, but now it's great!
                Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Working...
                X