Looking for a movie about family stranded on island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a movie about family stranded on island

I can't keep getting this movie out of my head but i do not know the name so i can't actually google it as i do not know what to look for????
    Its about a man who is a father and husband is sentanced to prison (i think) and his family go with him on the boat but then one night a storm hits and the boat crashes and the family end up on an island i do not think it is the swiss family robinson movie as i remember there were sisters but they eventually start living on the island over the years. And then i think in the end the father/husband sentance he was suppose to do before the island is wiped as they say his life on this isolated island was sufficient.

Re: Looking for a movie about family stranded on island

Just a guess
    Stranded (2002)?

Comment

Swiss Family Robinson
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=DjDUFFMmLN4

Comment

It might also be worth checking : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las...Noah's_Ark (Noah's Ark)

Comment

The Admirable Crichton? say tv so this could be a series not a film http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296973/plotsummary
          Heather

Comment

Mosquito Coast?
            I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

I wonder if the person behind this blog would know.

http://islandmovies.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lisa View Post
                I can't keep getting this movie out of my head but i do not know the name so i can't actually google it as i do not know what to look for????
                Its about a man who is a father and husband is sentanced to prison (i think) and his family go with him on the boat but then one night a storm hits and the boat crashes and the family end up on an island i do not think it is the swiss family robinson movie as i remember there were sisters but they eventually start living on the island over the years. And then i think in the end the father/husband sentance he was suppose to do before the island is wiped as they say his life on this isolated island was sufficient.
                I remember going to the cinema to see that film in the 70's...........sorry, can't remember the name of it though.

Comment

It was indeed stranded the father was being sent to a penal colony the family were allowed to go too yhrte was a shipwreck the youngest son jacob gets seperated from them and is brought up by pirates the family mother father 2 other sons and 1 daighter live like the swiss family robinson it was on movies for men this week amd will probably be repeayed throughouy yhe month

Originally posted by lisa View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X