Confessions Fims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions Fims

Confessions of a Window Cleaner is a 1974 British sex comedy film, directed by Val GuestLike the other films in the Confessions series; Confessions of a Pop Performer, Confessions of a Driving Instructor and Confessions from a Holiday Camp, it concerns the erotic adventures of Timothy Lea, based on the novels written under that name by Christopher Wood. Each film features Robin Askwith and Antony Booth.
    Like many British sex comedies of the 1970s the narrative involves a male protagonist who gets into compromising situations with a succession of women.[3] The optimistic and inept Timothy Lea is freshly employed by his brother-in-law Sid as a window cleaner. With Sid an impending father to be, he looks to Timmy to fully 'satisfy' his customers, little realising that Timmy's accident prone ways often stretch to his sex life with his clients. Timmy bed hops from unsatisfied housewives to even a lesbian love tryst, all the while with his main eye on successful police woman, Elizabeth Radlett, who will have none of Timmy's sexual advances. He proposes as a result, much to his family's upset, unaware that Timmy's usual run of luck will affect the outcome!

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Confessions Fims

i love these films a lot.

but i remember in there day tjhey where quite shocking as people had not seen films lijke this before.

you know the british and their stiff upper lip.

just how close to the books are the films.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I never knew they were based on books.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I have always wanted to see the confessions and adventures films,but have never managed to.I have heard so much about them for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          I never knew they were based on books.
          There were well over a dozen books in the series, though only four were adapted into films. They were written by Christopher Wood under the name 'Timothy Lea' (supposedly the hero of the books), and he also authored several books in two companion series' featuring female protagonists, under the pseudonyms 'Penny Sutton' and 'Rosie Dixon'. There was also a 1978 film adaptation of Rosie Dixon-Night Nurse which is notable for not only starring Debbie Ash (later of dance troupe Hot Gossip) but also featuring the first screen role of her younger sister, Leslie Ash-later one of the stars of Men Behaving Badly.
          Christopher Wood's other claim to fame is that he authored several novelizations of James Bond films.

Comment

so what was the reason only four of them where made into films.

never knew they where taken from books although i did think 4 films was a bit to little.

Comment

The commercial returns weren't stellar and of course they predated the home video revolution by a few years. When video shops started popping up they'd usually have the Confessions videos in them but the Electric Blue lines were far more popular with the certain sector of video renters! I've now realised I know far too much about this!!!

If the Confessions films had been made a little later video sales might have prompted
              further releases (especially direct to video) heck even Percy got a sequel though!
              I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Yes, there was a fifth film planned but they basically ran out of money. The books, on the other hand, stayed in print for years!

Comment

they could have waited say a year two to get the money for it.

but perhaps the cast for the fifth film if they had the cast secured did not want to wait till they had the cash for it.

had they got a name for it.

the books id think are worth very good money if anyone has them.

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                  Yes, there was a fifth film planned but they basically ran out of money. The books, on the other hand, stayed in print for years!

Comment

the unmade films were Confessions of a Plumber’s Mate and Confessions of a Private Soldier had been planned in 1977. Askwith even expressed a desire to direct Private Soldier, but neither film materialised. Plans to shoot a further made-for-video Confessions film in the 1980s also came to nothing, although by this time he was appearing in the ITV sitcom Bottle Boys.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

I'm sure they made the film 'Adventures Of A Plumbers Mate'. I saw it on video in the early 80's.
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                        I'm sure they made the film 'Adventures Of A Plumbers Mate'. I saw it on video in the early 80's.
                        They did indeed-but Adventures of a Plumber's Mate and Confessions of a Plumber's Mate are two different stories. One was a book in the Confessions series by Christopher Wood, the other was a film in the short lived Adventures series which tried to grab the same market. Confessions of a Plumber's Mate was never adapted into a film.

Comment

Ah! I see!
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

thans for the info tony.
                            cheers mate.

Comment

I don't remember the books at all,but the films are another matter.When mum used to go away to stay with family for a week dad used to get a few videos in.The confession films were brought into the house in the early 80's along with the Bronx series of films.A real good laugh if I remember rightly.Back then having a video player was all new and exciting.I think the confession films were on the main shelf in full view of everybody.Even by 80's standards they were only seen more as cheeky rather they risky as they were when they were on the cinema's a few years earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X