Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

+ The Flaxley Boys

+ Follyfoot Farm

+ The Long Chase

+ The Girl From Tomorrow

+ The Kids From 47A

+ Children's Ward (a kids version of Casualty as the name refers set in a hospital children's ward)

+ White Horses

+ The Moomins

+ Mary Mungo & Midge

Too name a very few
    Last edited by Twocky61; 14-09-2016, 16:36.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
      + The Flaxley Boys

+ Follyfoot Farm

+ The Long Chase

+ The Girl From Tomorrow

+ The Kids From 47A

+ Children's Ward (a kids version of Casualty as the name refers set in a hospital children's ward)

+ White Horses

+ The Moomins

+ Mary Mungo & Midge

Too name a very few
      They're not films Twocky.

Comment

The Sinbad films were always on, at special times like Christmas. They were great. Also "Jack the Giant Killer." Does anyone remember the animated feature length versiom of "Gulliver's Travels"? We used to love that one. Think it was just about his Lilliput adventures though.

Comment

I remember seeing the Gulliver's Travels a few times, the merger of a live action Gulliver & cartoon was quite good for the day, if that's the one you mean.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            I remember seeing the Gulliver's Travels a few times, the merger of a live action Gulliver & cartoon was quite good for the day, if that's the one you mean.
            Don't think youre thinking of the same version. I'm thinking of the 1939 version. Hope this copies ok
            https://youtu.be/9BQwDlf4UxY

Comment

Help-The Beatles film 1965 havent seen this film for about 43 years

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                Don't think youre thinking of the same version. I'm thinking of the 1939 version. Hope this copies ok
                https://youtu.be/9BQwDlf4UxY
                Thanks, I've heard of that version but not seen it.

The version I was thinking of was the 1977 one with Richard Harris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulliv...ls_(1977_film)
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hammer horror films use be on all the time ive watched some on you tube and one on dvd but you just dont see them anymore
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                    Hammer horror films use be on all the time ive watched some on you tube and one on dvd but you just dont see them anymore
                    they're on the Horror channel a few times every week, along with the tv series hammer House of horror

Comment

You see them quite a bit on the horror channel not so much on the beeb channels tho.

Hhoh are on every few months on the horror channel.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                      hammer horror films use be on all the time ive watched some on you tube and one on dvd but you just dont see them anymore
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I never thought of horror channel ill start looking for them now cheers

Comment

Sadly, far too often, I see the unwelcome words "edited for broadcast" appear in film descriptions in listings for channels like Horror Channel and so forth.

Comment

After watching laurel and hardy over last few days I must say these you just dont see on tv much now adays they always on in my younger days x

Comment

I have a feeling Robinson Crusoe on Mars was shown more then a few times. One of those sci-fi films that tend to stick in mind when thinking back.

Comment

I can also add the Phantom Toll Booth. This seemed to be on during most holidays possibly in the late 70's but it may just be my mind playing tricks with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X