No announcement yet.

Don't Look Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the first movies to come out on VHS/Betamax in 1982.

Comment

That's interesting considering that the film was nearly a decade old in 1982 - I assume that the BBFC gave it an 18 certificate due to to the nudity, if not for Sutherland's mild profanity.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

One of my all-time favourite movies! Feel very fortunate to have eventually visited Venice, albeit in Summer, when it had a much less forboding atmosphere!

Comment

Now that Donald Sutherland has passed away, I have to say that if there was one film which could have been shown as a tribute to him, I would recommend Don't Look Now.

Also, I used to assume that Sutherland also played the man in the "hey Brian, I can smell gas" British Gas advert from 1986, where he shiouts "NNNNOOOOOOO" just as his wife or partner is about to switch the light on. The actor looks uncannily like Sutherland in his Don't Look Now days although 13 years had gone past by the time the Gas advert was made, and he didn't sound Canadian either. It was the one which reminded us about what do if a gas leak happened in the home, and to look out the British Gas advert in the national newspapers.
          Last edited by George 1978; 21-06-2024, 15:37.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            Now that Donald Sutherland has passed away, I have to say that if there was one film which could have been shown as a tribute to him, I would recommend Don't Look Now.

Also, I used to assume that Sutherland also played the man in the "hey Brian, I can smell gas" British Gas advert from 1986, where he shiouts "NNNNOOOOOOO" just as his wife or partner is about to switch the light on. The actor looks uncannily like Sutherland in his Don't Look Now days although 13 years had gone past by the time the Gas advert was made, and he didn't sound Canadian either. It was the one which reminded us about what do if a gas leak happened in the home, and to look out the British Gas advert in the national newspapers.

I was also very sad to hear of Donald Sutherlands passing. He was one of the greats, and Nicolas Roeg's classic chiller Don't Look Now is up there as one of the best horror movies ever made, in my opinion.

Comment

Sutherland and Christie also appeared in a Play For Today or a Screen One in the late 1970s or 1980s according to Wikipedia - no doubt that the on screen chemistry in Don't Look Now was more than apparent and that they would work together again years later.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes, the love scene was famously so realistic that many people thought it wasn't just acting.

Comment

Donald Sutherland was also good in another '70s film; Day Of The Locust!
                  My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                  X