Anyone seen Threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone seen Threads?

I too watched Threads in 1984. It was a scary time and all the teenagers I knew, we didn't think we'd live to be 21. We were so close to a nuclear war at that time that there was fear everywhere. I used to have nightmares about being in a world after a nuclear winter.

Threads is an amazing film. I watched it few months back after not seeing it for 25 years and it hasn't aged at all. Still just as relevant today. The US made their own equivalent at the time called, 'The Day After' but doesn't have the stark no-nonsense grittiness of Threads.

Comment

great programme...along similar lines (and more harrowing) is War Games, from 1965 and banned for many years
      YouTube - "The War Game" - directed by Peter Watkins - Excerpt 1 of 2

oh, and 'When the Wind Blows'..I remember reading the book in 1983 whilst at 6th Form...very moving
      YouTube - When the Wind Blows (1986) - Part 1
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

This dramatisation is very poignant to me as it is set in my home town. It scares the **** out of me, even now. Very harrowing, very bleak and could have been so very real. Thank God that nuclear war is no longer such a big threat as it once was. Whenever I watch it I feel the urge to switch it off but it is such a great depiction that I need to see it through right to the outcome.

I have it on DVD but it rarely gets spinned these days.

Every time I see Woolworths get blown up on 'The Moor' I make a point of going into town to make sure it is still there. Oh, hang on a minute, Woolworths isn't there anymore is it - it's a pound shop now. LOL.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

The Edge Of Darkness is another drama about nuclear weapons from that time.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I watched it in the 80's it was scary, any know where i can download it from for free? or watch it online?

Comment

Originally posted by colnelkurts77 View Post
              I watched it in the 80's it was scary, any know where i can download it from for free? or watch it online?
              The whole thing is on YouTube:-

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
              Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Just watched it for the first time, what a bit of telly! Thanks to everyone here for talking about it and especially to Solo for bringing the subject up.

Comment

Working...
                X