Spiderman 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiderman 3

I saw this a few weeks ago at the Queensland premiere. A family there had taken their small kid (maybe about 4) who definately got bored and fidgety in the slow bits (which there were lots of) then when Venom appeared the kid burst out crying and was taken out. The film is a 15 over here.

Agreed though, I am a big Spidey fan (from the comics as a kid through the original "films/series" and the various games that came out) and I didn't think this was anywhere near as good as the previous 2 films.

Comment

Always a problem with kids. Remember having the flee Return of the Jedi with my daughter who was around 5/6 at the time Jabba was a bit much. Did see some young kids at Casina Royal which was a bit much?
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

Defo not as good as 1 & 2 but still worth watching if ur a spidey fan,I agree they screwed up venom big style but i think he was thrown in there as a nod to the fans (if u read forums like IMDB alot of people were shouting about having venom in the 3rd movie).

It does get a little "cheesey" at times after parker gets the symbiote suit but the fight scenes are pretty damn cool!

Comment

Finally got to see it today, I quite liked it. Made me squirm a bit when he was playing Mr.Cool and Strutting his stuff in the streets, Thought the action scenes and special effects were really good.And my sons verdict was "wow that was great, I loved it"
          Heather

Comment

spiderman3 rules wot a film graphics fantastic best one yet i think anyway
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Are you joking? the effects were the worst of the series (the Spiderman effects i mean)

Comment

No Im Not Joking Great Film And The Game Is Good Too
                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Finally hired out the DVD last week and watched it. Was good but not a lot different from the other two.
                  "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Haven't seen the film yet but I'm afriad to say the game stinks. The original Spiderman 1 game on the PS1 was more impressive than this. The graphics are very poor considering the kind of power the new systems have available. I very big let down.
                    Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                    But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sod Iron man..wait till 2009 for WATCHMEN
                      Last edited by sixtyten; 15-10-2007, 18:30.

Comment

This could either be great or complete shite..no two ways about it.
                        But from what I've seen of early scene shots, it looks like they are following the Novel (yes! Novel, not a comic, it's fair too indepth to be classed as a mere comic).
                        Given the awesome material they have to work with, it can (seemingly) do no wrong, but its also spent 20 years in 'Development Hell' ,after being deemed as "Unfilmable".
                        Only trouble I can see?

Two novels in my favorites list have also been called "Unfilmable"

Crash by J.G Ballard & Naked Lunch by W.S Burroughs.
                        yes, I enjoyed both of the films, but they both took real liberties with the original story.
                        Something I don't want Watchmen to do.

Fingers are crossed, and I glad its waited 20 years as I feel CGI (what little is needed in Watchmen) is finally up to standard

Although I still see trouble ahead with the marketing, as Alan Moore has effectively washed his hands of it, due to 80's attempts to cream loads from marketing doll,toys,etc (DC,not Moore)

Finally, If anyone reading has never read it..
                        DO SO NOW.

you will not regret it
                        Last edited by sixtyten; 16-10-2007, 12:54.

Comment

Just finished reading Watchmen Daz and undecided! Will read again shortly as first reading was badly interupted and I never got through more than a chapter at a time. The film will need to make it a bit more pacy and less wordy(?) but after Schniders success with 300 should be good. Hope Ironman's character is as flawed as the comics
                          The eyes have it!
                          sigpic

Comment

The official Warners blog has awesome pics from the New York City set.
                            These are test camera shots, without effects, CGI, etc..and no indication that they will even be seen in the final movie...
                            But, OMG, they have captured the look of the comic totally!
                            The attention to detail is phenomenal

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/
                            Last edited by sixtyten; 27-11-2007, 15:37.

Comment

, looks like it's gonna be worth the wait and live up to expectations
                              Heather

Comment

Yep. no expense spared, thankfully.. check this site for comparison shots and other set pics
                                http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/wa...vie-photos.php

Comment

Working...
                                X