Missing/presumed lost movie scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing/presumed lost movie scenes

Does anyone have any missing/presumed lost scenes from movies that they would love to be found?

For me it would be the missing/cut scenes from An American Werewolf in London., particularly the infamous 'tramps death' scene'. I would also love the Jack scene where the toast falls out of his neck and back on the plate (although I'm not the only one to have mentioned seeing this as a kid on one of the earlier VHS tapes).

Anyone have any scenes they would love to see returned to the archives?

American werewolf....great film. I love the James bond series and my favourite is the much maligned On her majestys secret service which was George lazenbys only appearance as Bond. The film once had a rooftop chase which was both deleted and subsequently "lost" ,the only remaining evidence of the scene is a few stills which can be seen on youtube, i would love to have seen this scene in its entirety, it is the holy grail amongst Bond fans but is unlikely to turn up any time soon i'm afraid
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      American werewolf....great film. I love the James bond series and my favourite is the much maligned On her majestys secret service which was George lazenbys only appearance as Bond. The film once had a rooftop chase which was both deleted and subsequently "lost" ,the only remaining evidence of the scene is a few stills which can be seen on youtube, i would love to have seen this scene in its entirety, it is the holy grail amongst Bond fans but is unlikely to turn up any time soon i'm afraid
      Never heard of that one. Interesting! I'm sure some of these cut scenes must exist somewhere. As I say, I know numerous people that swear they saw the American Werewolf stuff on dodgy VHS tapes years ago. I'm sure, likewise, that, the James Bond scene is still around.

I seem to also recall mention of King Kong film having a giant spider scene cut from it. Not sure how accurate this is though.

Comment

I think I heard about those scenes in American Werewolf on the commentary track with the DVD. Although there was a very in-depth 'making of' feature there as well, so maybe it was mentioned in that.

Originally posted by CharlieBrown View Post
        I seem to also recall mention of King Kong film having a giant spider scene cut from it. Not sure how accurate this is though.
        Yes, what happens to some of the men who fall off that log bridge... it no longer exists from the 1933 film, so Peter Jackson re-staged and re-shot it! He did a fantastic job on it too. I haven't even watched that remake of Kong but I made sure to see that and the stuff about the 1933 film that was on a friend's box set.

My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

[QUOTE=beccabear67;n282535]I think I heard about those scenes in American Werewolf on the commentary track with the DVD. Although there was a very in-depth 'making of' feature there as well, so maybe it was mentioned

Yes I have that DVD. It talks about a few cut scenes, including the 'tramps death' one which was pulled because people were so taken aback by it that they continued talking over the next scene.

I was watching American werewolf on rental VHS aged 7 and distinctly remember the toast scene.

Thanks, beccabear67. I thought I had not imagined it.

I am also a massive fan of the Hammer/Amicus/Tyburn/Tygon films starring Peter Cushing -- although I am not aware of any scenes missing from these. If anyone can tell me different, that would be marvelous.

Comment

[QUOTE=CharlieBrown;n282538]
            Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
            I think I heard about those scenes in American Werewolf on the commentary track with the DVD. Although there was a very in-depth 'making of' feature there as well, so maybe it was mentioned

Yes I have that DVD. It talks about a few cut scenes, including the 'tramps death' one which was pulled because people were so taken aback by it that they continued talking over the next scene.

I was watching American werewolf on rental VHS aged 7 and distinctly remember the toast scene.

Thanks, beccabear67. I thought I had not imagined it.

I am also a massive fan of the Hammer/Amicus/Tyburn/Tygon films starring Peter Cushing -- although I am not aware of any scenes missing from these. If anyone can tell me different, that would be marvelous.
            There was a scene from FRANKENSTEIN which was deleted where the monster throws a little girl into the lake

Comment

[QUOTE=tex;n282559]

There was a scene from FRANKENSTEIN which was deleted where the monster throws a little girl into the lake
              You're right -- there was. I had forgotten about that. Yes, that was quite disturbing I seem to remember.

Comment

[QUOTE=CharlieBrown;n282564]
                Originally posted by tex View Post

You're right -- there was. I had forgotten about that. Yes, that was quite disturbing I seem to remember.
                Also i seem to recall the scene where Frankenstein compares himself to god was cut...it's alive, it's alive! ( I am god.)

Comment

[QUOTE=tex;n282559]

I could swear that I've seen that scene, but maybe just stills from it in a Filmfax magazine. It made sense from the monster's confused and amoral logic point of view.

This reminds me that there was a scene in Young Frankenstein where the monster crosses paths with a highwayman named Jack Spratt. Not lost for good luckily as it did get found to be included on the DVD. For some reason I found it pretty hilarious too! I think the highwayman stops mid 'stand-and-deliver' sentence and whimpers 'oh bugger' and then the camera sort of pans away.
                  My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                  X