can anyone name this TV horror film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone name this TV horror film?

In the late 70's or early 80's I saw a horror film - I think American and possibily a trilogy. One of the tales i remember best was about a women who was so awful to her son, "Charlie" (I think that was the boys name) that in the end I think he took his own life. the mother was devasted and remorseful - so much so that she resorted to witchcraft to bring her son back to life. Days later he turned up at the door out of the blue, BUT he was different - he grew nastier and more and more evil and uncontrolable as time went on until one night, which happened to be a particularily hellish and stormy night, the mother, in a fit of anguish said to him "where is the Charlie I once knew" - or something like that, and the boy sitting at the top of the stairs had changed into a demon whilst being illuminated in a flash of lightening replied, in a demonic voice "Charlie didn't wanna' come, so he sent me instead !" ...

Has anyone seen this movie and does it ring any bells? Would like to find out its title.

Remembered a bit more - I think they lived by the sea and he killed himself by drowning himself in the sea. After the mother had performed the witchcraft ceremony to bring him back to life he was found washed up on the beach - soaking wet but alive ...

... and I know it wasn't super Nanny ! ...

Its called Dead of Night (1977) sequel to Trilogy of Terror

and the boy was Bobby, not Charlie.

the episode is called "Bobby"

available here
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/788619

Comment

Re: can anyone name this TV horror film?

Wow Daz - Many thanks for the info - will check this out. I also remembered just after my last post that the boy's name was Bobby and not Charlie - you know how stuff comes back to you in dribs and drabs!

Comment

Sounds like a good film.
        Heather

Comment

[I]It seemed good when I saw it at 11 or 12 yrs old ! But wouldn't mind adding it to my collection anyway ... Daz has given link to the site to purchase it if I decided to - so many thanks to him

Comment

Hell yeah i remember that one. The scene at the end with him slowly descending the stairs scared me as a kid. I'm a little cautious of watching it again though in case it's pants.

Comment

Working...
            X