Jaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jaws

It's slightly ironic that the mechanical shark was supposed to be visable in more scenes, but it kept breaking down so many shots had to be implied, which acutually made it more effective.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I love that the scariest bit on the film with the head was shot in a swimming pool.

Roy Scheider was perfect as Brody.

Comment

In a bizarre and out of character bit of bad parenting, my dad took me to see Jaws when I was 12. Had nightmares for weeks, not about shark attacks, but about severed heads popping out of the hulls of shipwrecks.

Comment

If anyone wants to read a good book on how they made Jaws and all it's sequels can I recommend"Just when you thought it was safe a Jaws companion"by Patrick Jankiewicz.
          It's a great read for anyone who loved the Jaws films

Comment

Did somebody mention JAWS??? I'm a bit of a fan myself

This is my ongoing collection

http://www.jawsmoviearchives.com/mem...ilia_main.html

and I had an exhibition featuring some of my memorabilia here in Liverpool back in 2008

http://www.jawsmoviearchives.com/mem...gg_5_main.html

These items are among my favourite treasures.

I first saw JAWS on the day it opened here in the UK (Boxing Day 1975) and have been hooked ever since, football and the like passed me by and it was JAWS all the way, great movie!

Ed
            Last edited by Esoteric Ed; 15-04-2010, 19:40.

Comment

Nice Collection

Comment

Cheers, I'm always on the lookout for vintage items I may be missing, crisp packets etc

Ed

Comment

Jaws is one of my favourite films. I watch it over and over and enjoy it equally every time I see it- I never tire of it. I love everything about it..the music, storyline and characters. It's just brilliant. My favourite bits are- Quint's SS Indianapolis speech followed by the moment when they're all singing and it dawns on them that the shark is bashing the side of the boat, the bit where Quint scrapes the blackboard and says he'll catch 'the head, the tail, the whole damn thing'(Wasn't Shaw just marvellous in that role? He died 3yrs later you know). and the 'we need a bigger boat' bit. I even like the bit where mayor Vaughn accuses Hooper of trying to get his name into the National Geographic...I love Dreyfuss' infectious laughter.
                  Seemingly Alfred Hitchcock tried all his life to create the effect carried out in that scene where the camera zooms in on Brody on the beach but failed, yet Spielberg at 29yrs old achieved it.

Comment

I first saw Jaws on TV at Christmas 1987, when I was 6. My Mum said she wouldn't let me watch it as it would be too scary for me, and that her and my Dad were going to watch it by themselves that night. But later on my Dad whispered to me that if I was good he'd let me stay up and watch Jaws that evening... I was good as gold for the rest of the day, and sure enough I watched the whole movie that night sitting on my Dad's knee... and absolutely loved it from start to finish! I wasn't scared at all, just plain fascinated the whole way through! The only bit that vaguely disturbed me was seeing the little boy getting eaten near the beginning... My Mum kept reassuring me saying "I'm sure the little boy will come back at the end", she was expecting I'd get scared and would have to be taken to bed before the end of the movie... but I made it right to the end, and of course the boy didn't come back but by then I didn't care, I was blown away by the movie and totally loved it, loved the music scores as well! I must have been a tough 6 year old... Great memories and still one of my favorite movies to this day.

Comment

I can't remember how old I was when I saw this for the first time, but I remember finding both scary & compelling.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
                        I first saw Jaws on TV at Christmas 1987, when I was 6. My Mum said she wouldn't let me watch it as it would be too scary for me, and that her and my Dad were going to watch it by themselves that night. But later on my Dad whispered to me that if I was good he'd let me stay up and watch Jaws that evening... I was good as gold for the rest of the day, and sure enough I watched the whole movie that night sitting on my Dad's knee... and absolutely loved it from start to finish! I wasn't scared at all, just plain fascinated the whole way through! The only bit that vaguely disturbed me was seeing the little boy getting eaten near the beginning... My Mum kept reassuring me saying "I'm sure the little boy will come back at the end", she was expecting I'd get scared and would have to be taken to bed before the end of the movie... but I made it right to the end, and of course the boy didn't come back but by then I didn't care, I was blown away by the movie and totally loved it, loved the music scores as well! I must have been a tough 6 year old... Great memories and still one of my favorite movies to this day.
                        That's a lovely wee story, I'd remember that forever too.

Comment

Play have got a rather nice Jaws t-shirt on offer at only £2.99,go on buy one you know it makes sense!

http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirt...n/Product.html

Comment

I went to see jaws when i was just 10 years old when it premiered boxing day 1975.I have the original novel (wherever i put it since?) I have all the dvds now.But i still prefer the original which i have the 2 disc editiion.
                            sigpic

Comment

I remember going with my parents to see it when i was 11.I loved it,still do

Comment

IF anybody tries to remake JAWs, Steven Spielberg should sue for copyright infringement!
                                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X