• Show
Clear All

Re: Jaws

Originally posted by Esoteric Ed View Post
    Did somebody mention JAWS??? I'm a bit of a fan myself

This is my ongoing collection

http://www.jawsmoviearchives.com/mem...ilia_main.html

Eddie!!!!!!!!!

and I had an exhibition featuring some of my memorabilia here in Liverpool back in 2008

http://www.jawsmoviearchives.com/mem...gg_5_main.html

These items are among my favourite treasures.

I first saw JAWS on the day it opened here in the UK (Boxing Day 1975) and have been hooked ever since, football and the like passed me by and it was JAWS all the way, great movie!

Ed
    Eddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey there fella.

Comment

I once used the loo at the Museum Of The Moving Image (MOMI) - remember that? - and I was the only one in there. Complete silence except for me, then mid wee I nearly fell off the pan when they started piping in the Jaws theme intro unexpectedly - duh DUH, duh DUH etc. They only played a few bars. After a few more minutes of silence they started again with the Psycho shower scene music. Well creepy when you 're on your own and "vulnerable"!

LOVE Jaws. It's the only film I ever saw at the cinema with both my parents at the same time. Head coming out of the boat haunted me for a long time, as did Quint squirting blood through clenched teeth just before he died. I love the domestic scene in the kitchen when Brody's little boy is watching him intently and mirroring his every move. So cute, a lovely personal moment. Roy Schneider was perfectly cast for that role.

Comment

i think its near impossible to do it.
        To recreate the atmosphere tension etc.

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
        IF anybody tries to remake JAWs, Steven Spielberg should sue for copyright infringement!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Undoubtedly, the scariest part is when the diver goes underneath the fishing boat (am I right in believing that it was called 'Fascinatin' Rhythm'?) and the skipper's head rolls out of a hole beneath the water with his brains hanging out of the left eye-socket. That really was SO unexpected.
          Never understood the 'sinking leg' scene though- surely body parts would FLOAT??!
          The novel makes a radical departure from the film in that the marine biologist (can't remember the character's name) ends up having an affair with Brody's wife in the book, and Jaws ends up killing him along with shark-hunter Quint (whereas in the film, he survives along with Brody). I used to have a book called 'The Jaws Log', which was all about the making of the film- apparently, the animatronic shark used in the filming was mounted on an aluminium pylon and towed along on rails laid on the sea bed. It was pivoted at the top, to enable it to break water and dive again, but was wont to break down very easily!!

Comment

I've heard that the shark props had lots of problems, which is why you only see Jaws when necessary. This helped make things creepier as a lot of viewer had to guess what was happening.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

you can read my mind mate.heh.

i remember first time i ever saw the film and this scene i ran and hid behind my mums couch.
              i just jumped out of my skin think i was ten at the time.

and ues it was so inexpected that scene.

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
              Undoubtedly, the scariest part is when the diver goes underneath the fishing boat (am I right in believing that it was called 'Fascinatin' Rhythm'?) and the skipper's head rolls out of a hole beneath the water with his brains hanging out of the left eye-socket. That really was SO unexpected.
              Never understood the 'sinking leg' scene though- surely body parts would FLOAT??!
              The novel makes a radical departure from the film in that the marine biologist (can't remember the character's name) ends up having an affair with Brody's wife in the book, and Jaws ends up killing him along with shark-hunter Quint (whereas in the film, he survives along with Brody). I used to have a book called 'The Jaws Log', which was all about the making of the film- apparently, the animatronic shark used in the filming was mounted on an aluminium pylon and towed along on rails laid on the sea bed. It was pivoted at the top, to enable it to break water and dive again, but was wont to break down very easily!!
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X