Re: Tarantula movie

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!

sigpic

Comment

any bets they taste like chicken, lol

Comment

I love how anything slightly different/unusual always gets likened to Chicken!!
        Heather

Comment

Wouldn't get much meat on those drumsticks.
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

But you get 8 lol

Comment

Well, to them its probably as normal as chicken is to us. I feel kinda sorry for the tarantula's though....
              Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Watched it today. Was 'Tarantulas - The Deadly Cargo'. Good movie though a bit on the short side, but enjoyed seeing it again.
                Thanks Kass xx

Comment

The special effects for both the giant animals and the unfortunate scientist's deformity are fairly advanced for the time, with real animals (including a rabbit and a guinea pig in Professor Deemer's lab) being used to represent the giant creatures. A real spider was also used for shots where the whole monster was shown, with models reserved for close-ups (and its skyscraper-sized version), resulting in a rather more convincing monster than the giant ants in the previous year's big-bug film, Them!.

Comment

Sorry but that's a different film, this one was about tarantulas being transported in sacks of coffee beans, the plane which was transporting them crashed when the pilot was bitten. The spiders escaped from the wreckage and made their way to an orange factory to find food, biting several townsfolk on the way. Eventually they were trapped and exterminated in the factory after several hairy moments. You must be thinking of the one that was simply called Tarantula.

Comment

Working...
                    X