Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Re: Remember these Horror Films?

Originally posted by frame View Post
      One of my favourites....

Frame.
      This is a very creepy film.
      It was one of the BBC's Ghost Story For Christmas.
      These were really scary and included 'Whistle And I'll Come To You' and 'A Warning To The Curious'.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Does anyone recall a film called " From the Beyond " I remember watching it in the Early 80's. Would love to get my hands on a copy just to see if it was as good as i remembered.

Comment

It wasn't 'From Beyone the Grave' you mean is it? I was talking about that on the previous page. Peter Cushing starred as a old curiosity shop owner. Some customers came in one by one and bought something. Each one of them did something dishonest, like changing the price tag on the item and something horrible would happen to them.

David Warner (from The Omen) was the man who bought the mirror I was talking about in my earlier post.

Donald Pleasance starred in another as a match salesman. The lead character bought a silver lighter I think, in the shop, met the match salesman, befriended him, met and fell for his creepy daughter. They had an affair and planned to get rid of his wife, the creepy girl made a wax model of the man's wife(Diana Dors) and did away with her, leaving them free to marry. The final scene of the film was their wedding day..instead of cutting into the cake, she cut into the head of the little man on the cake and her groom drops dead with blood running down his forehead.

Ian Ogilvy was the last customer who turned out to be honest. He bought a big carved antique door. He hung it in his home, the room beyond it would change, it'd have an eerie blue glow and the ghost of King Charles ii(I think)would haunt it. This particular story had a good ending.

Comment

No ...Definatly from the beyond...Damn wish I could remeber the plot etc.. Google has only given me a 1913 film...and it wasn't that one...I aint that old.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodisonparkender View Post
              Does anyone recall a film called " From the Beyond " I remember watching it in the Early 80's. Would love to get my hands on a copy just to see if it was as good as i remembered.
              this one??
              From Beyond (1986)
              Heather

Comment

That be the one
                From Beyond is a 1986 American body horror film directed by Stuart Gordon, based on the short story of the same title by H. P. Lovecraft, and was written by Dennis Paoli, Gordon and Brian Yuzna. The film stars Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton and Ken Foree and Ted Sorel.
                From Beyond centers around a pair of scientists attempting to stimulate the pineal gland with a device called The Resonator. An unforeseen result of their experiments is the ability to perceive creatures from another dimension that proceed to drag the head scientist into their world, who returns as a grotesque shape-changing monster and preys upon the others at the laboratory

I wasn't imagining it then, just got the title mixed up....well I am geting on

Comment

Working...
                X