Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

some good ones there shado66

another is reptilicus 1961
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Ahhh...Loved Saturn 3 (which is about due for a viewing). Also enjoyed Enemy Mine, The Hidden, The Deadly Spawn, Static (not as much sci as fi but still brilliant).
      The 'Hammerhead' ship from Battle Beyond The Stars influenced many behemoth Lego creations (which kept me quiet for hours) and many space battle games (which did not).

Comment

Enemy Mine - fantastic film.
        Does anybody else remember a really cheesy cold war sci fi film, from the 60s I think, called something like 'Battle Beneath the Earth'? I think it starred Kerwin Matthews, and the basic premise was the Chinese using laser tunnelling machines for a subterranean invasion of the USA?

All time favourite Sci fi film - Forbidden Planet

Comment

Loved Battle Beyond The Stars and Spacehunter, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone brilliant B-Movies, remember going to the piccies to see Trancers in the 80's (apparently they have made 6 of them) another good B-Movie also loved Screamers, The Black Hole & The last Starfighter

Comment

monolith monsters

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
              Loved Battle Beyond The Stars and Spacehunter, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone brilliant B-Movies, remember going to the piccies to see Trancers in the 80's (apparently they have made 6 of them) another good B-Movie also loved Screamers, The Black Hole & The last Starfighter
              There has been talk of a Black Hole remake for a while, but it seems to be in limbo.

It's one of those they ought to make a good job of, or just not bother at all.

Comment

Saw Laser Blast a few months back. It's sort of a typical sci fi of the day. Nothing really special, apart from the animated sequences with the funny elongated turtle like aliens. Also managed to watch two of the 90's Gamera films. Certainly a lot better then the 60's and 70's ones.

I would not bother with a remake of Black Hole. It was over hyped in its day, over rented at the video shop and still today has nothing special about it. I have a feeling it was one big company's idea at having a pop at doing a Star Wars thing. The last star fighter I got on Blue ray. I remember it as being a very good film, but on watching it again his alien buddy seems to be really annoying.

Comment

fantastic voyage is another very like innerspace with dennis quaid

Comment

Dark Star and THX-1138

Comment

Dark Star with the dead captain they asked questions of freaked me out, although the music and song were great (I'm young and now you're old) as well as the voice of the bomb LOL

Comment

+Starman starring Jeff Bridges & Karen Allen

+Wargames starring Matthew Broderick & Ally Sheedy

+DARYL starring Barratt Oliver

to name but three
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                          +Starman starring Jeff Bridges & Karen Allen

+Wargames starring Matthew Broderick & Ally Sheedy

+DARYL starring Barratt Oliver

to name but three
                          I like a 3 of them, Starman used to be on BBC1 on Saturday nights about 9 months in the 1990s.

Wargames is really good, it was one of the first DVDs I got.

It's been years since I saw DARYL but the bit when he steals a Lockheed Blackbird is really good.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Watched a fairly good Alien ripoff movie this morning called Star Crystal from 1985 and also Monolith the other day from 1993 with Bill Paxton and John Hurt. It's about an alien that escapes from a military facility and jumps from body to body. Those that are infected have the ability to shoot beams from their eyes which vaporises everything in sight. The movie wouild have been good had it not been for the awful special effects. Last week I managed to see Light Blast (1985) with Erik Estrada (of CHIPS fame) as a police detective hunting a mad Soviet professor who threatens to destroy San Francisco with a laser gun unless he gets a huge amount of money.
                            Last edited by akb48fan; 19-08-2014, 20:14.

Comment

Good stuff mentioned here.

I'll also add Trancers and Trancers 2 for fave low-budget culty sci-fi (though 3 through 6 weren't up to much), and The Quiet Earth for some really haunting and thought-provoking New Zealand scifi...

Comment

Originally posted by deeks View Post
                                Good stuff mentioned here.

I'll also add Trancers and Trancers 2 for fave low-budget culty sci-fi (though 3 through 6 weren't up to much), and The Quiet Earth for some really haunting and thought-provoking New Zealand scifi...
                                The Quiet Earth is one of may all time faves. Surprisingly few have heard of it, let alone seen it.

YouTube full movie if anybody wants to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUP9HBLgR8

Comment

Working...
                                X