Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone remember this 1980's dog film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone remember this 1980's dog film?

It featured a dog on some sort of a journey, possibly lost and trying to get home. It wasn't a Disney-like movie and I'm pretty sure the dog wasn't voiced by an actor or anything. He looked a lot like the littlest Hobo and I thought for ages that it might have been this series. I saw it in the mid- to late 1980's.

The one scene I remember was that the dog had acquired a much smaller dog companion along the way and it got killed (by a car I think) It was really sad. A hitchhiker/stranger comes along and buries the dog ,marking the grave with a cross and brings the main dog with him.

Can anyone remember this film?
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Re: Can anyone remember this 1980's dog film?

I think I remember seeing that but can't remember the title. It could be one of the Benji series from the 1970s?

There's loads of films I can remember from when I was young that I only ever saw once, but have managed to remember for 20 odd years.

They were often American "made for TV" films that were shown on weekday afternoons in the summer holidays, or at almost any time pre-watershed over the Xmas period.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I wondered if it might be Benji !Ill try track some synopses and see!
      Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

I can't seem to find a description of that scene in any of the synopses for the Benji movies :-(

Comment

I'm wondering if it was made in Australia, I remember the landscape was fairly arid in places, so it was probably there or in America.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember that the dog's companion was killed and buried along a very desert-like dusty road. I think it was a hitchhiker (or motorist) that buries the companion and takes the dog with him.

Comment

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0057180/

sorry wrong decade
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks memoman but I don't think this is it.

All of the animals are reunited with their owner at the end of the movie and nobody dies.

Comment

Homeward Bound or Incredible Journey?
                  I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Neither! :-( It must have been a low budget made-for-tv movie! Lost forever *dramatic voice*

Comment

It was Hambone and Hillie!

Comment

Working...
                      X