Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name of a TV-show were two men did invent/innovate stuff for companies

Hello

I have googled the whole internet but I haven't found what I've been looking for. I hope, that you can help me?

Around 2000 I remember watching a TV show were two men (one of the quite a big guy) visited companies/organization and looked into their products and problems.

They then went back to their office to come up with some nice inventions which solve or improved the companies product.

For instance, I remember one episode where the two men invented a new kind of bra (made of some fancy space materials) for one of the world's oldest underwear-company for women.

Do you know the name of that show?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Name of a TV-show were two men did invent/innovate stuff for companies

I can remember Troubleshooter with John Harvey Jones, but that was a few years earlier.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thank you so much for your answer

I am afraid that that's not the show I remember.

It was much more "engineer-like'. Those two guys on the show always ended up building some kind of prototype to show the company.

I also think that the concept was, that the two inventors had a very limited amount of time - days or maybe a week, to do the job.

I only remember this one episode where they invented a new bra. But their method to create innovations were quite astonishing.

But thanks so much for your effort. I guess I will check out this John Harvey Jones now

Best regards,
      Viggo

Comment

I remember the big bloke who designed, he had a beard and resembled one of the hairy biker cooks, same build and a dark beard?

I remember one episode of this where they had to redesign a Life Jacket for use on ships that would have internationally been understood and fitted by the wearer with a minimum of complication.

Hope this helps?

Comment

Been digging around the net for a few minutes, was it called " BETTER BY DESIGN - WITH RICHARD SEYMOUR & DICK POWELL" ? sCREENED ON 22/08/2000?

Comment

Better By Design

Comment

The other guy in it had a weird eye. Speaking of weird eyes, Gray O'Brien who used to be in Casualty or Holby and then became a weirdo murderer in Corrie had two normal eyes but then one of his eyes became bigger and bulged out a lot. Even Harry Hill on TV Burp made fun of it:

'Hospital monitor on Coronation St. has Gray O'Brien's BIG EYE syndrome' and then they showed a clip and in the background was a machine in the hospital with a BIG flashing 'O' lol....

Wonder what made his eye go weird...? Also, that 'Kieran' bloke who used to be in Boyzone has a big eye like Quazi Modo too....

Comment

Dick Powell was ex army and first was on tv on scrapheap challenge.

Comment

Working...
                X