which cop series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cop series?

Which cop series was your fav in the 70's?...........Was it British or American?

I can't make up my mind between The Sweeney and the Rockford Files

Re: which cop series?

I`d go with the professionals and Starsky and Hutch. more action and car chases although i also used to enjoy McCloud with Dennis Weaver.

Comment

On reflexion the Sweeney had some of the best car chases on tv. but i think the stories were a little dark for me to appreciate at the time.

Comment

yes for me the sweeney.
        was not mad about us seventies cop shows.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There were some good aussie cop shows like Matlock Police,Homicide and Division 4

Comment

as I have bought both series, would have to say Starsky n Hutch, and The Professional's
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

The Sweeney was brilliant. The Professionals was ridiculous. And cheaply made. CI5? Where were the other TWO then???! And all they did was prat about and pose. I did like Lewis Colins character though but didn't like him in the notorious and banned in the UK 'Klansmen' episode. What annoyed me about it was that if CI5 had all reaching, all power why did the show look so cheap? Their headquarters were non-existent and they didn't ever really have a brilliant armoury of weapons....Oddly, I used to love The Professionals yonks back but got fed up of it. In that 'Fon Fighter' episode, we never see the actual jet, not even using stock footage, theres that dodgy business selling housing or something and they filmed it in someones....flat. Yes, right, the company operates out of an obvious flat. The so called hi tech gun is simply an M-16 with a BIG plate on the top....Cowley constantly SHOUTED and probably had a hernia or piles and kept drinking whisky and getting in a mood with the boys....it was pretty stupid. And Martin Shaw, he really does love himself. Lol.

However, one of my fave bits was when Bodie thought he was being followed in his car and does a u-turn and jumps out, over the bonnet and holds his gun - and a car simply goes past. He's near a Bus Stop and everyone mocks him by clapping and wolf whistling, he bows, gets back in the Capri and promptly scarpers - sharpish! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sweep View Post
                On reflexion the Sweeney had some of the best car chases on tv. but i think the stories were a little dark for me to appreciate at the time.
                yes i have to agree with you........i certainly enjoy the sweeney now as i understand it more...........i love the rawness it had.

Comment

My brother and I would always watch Starsky and Hutch. I also fondly remember Cannon and Police Woman. Was The Gentle Touch 70s? I liked that too.

Comment

Got to be the sweeney, classic series and life on mars (well it is set in the 70's), reagan and gene hunt what a great team they would have made

Comment

When i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.

Comment

Although I was too young to appreciate the Sweeney when it was first on, I now absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best cop show ever in my opinion.
                        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by sweep View Post
                          When i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.
                          I know what you meant. I was just larking about concerning how awful the Professionals was, even though I used to watch it myself.

Comment

My two favorites were S.W.A.T. and Beretta.

Comment

The Sweeney and Columbo
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                              X