Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which cop series?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shilton dipper
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    there were so many brill cop series.......tv has changed such a lot......i seem to watch less and less as i get older......is that because there's less good stuff being made or am i just getting picky?

    Leave a comment:


  • moonvisage
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    For me,it was definately The Sweeney as far as britain went.US wise,Starsky and Hutch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    I've got a CD of American Cop TV Shows, which has Police Woman on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Marine Boy
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Just listening to Paul O'Grady on Radio 2. He does a 'lost' TV theme every week and today it was Police Woman. I'd forgotten what a great theme it was! Here's a link. Clips followed by the theme itself. (Composed by the brilliant Henry Mancini).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLax5kn8tF4

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    I really liked CHiPs when it was on in the early to mid 1980's. I'm surprised ITV3 or 4 hasn't started repeating it.

    The last time I saw it was on holiday in France in 1993, with some Silas style dubbing in use.

    Thew rockford Files were a welcome watch in 1994-5, I used to have college in morning, & enough time to get home, have some lunch, go out & do a free paper round, & be home in time for TRF.

    Leave a comment:


  • sweep
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Now I would rate it as one of my top three Brit cop shows Taggart and Cracker being the other two. don`t like the idea of a remake though can`t imagine anyone but John Thaw as Regan. CHIPs was a great show to never missed an episode.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    here is another which i love.
    http://youtu.be/VYKdayl7BHM
    it started in 77 ran to 83.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Originally posted by sweep View Post
    On reflexion the Sweeney had some of the best car chases on tv. but i think the stories were a little dark for me to appreciate at the time.

    and what do u think of it know mate that is if u have seen it being a bit more grown up.

    Leave a comment:


  • victorbrunswick
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    The Sweeney sounds like a good show. Unfortunately I don't think it was ever shown in the U.S. I found this bit of a guest appearance by Eric & Ernie though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Austin Maxi
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Without a shadow of doubt - 'The Sweeney'. John Thaw and Dennis Waterman on top form. A bronze Ford Consul GT chasing a silver Jag S-Type most (early) episodes, and a veritable who's who of guest stars from that era. So many classic lines as well. I have every episode on DVD, both movies (neither as good as the TV series), the pilot, all three annuals, the soundtrack CD and the official Richmond Toys Consul GT model - and now an unofficial Oxford Diecast one. Top drawer Guv!

    Leave a comment:


  • kazboot
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    The Sweeney and Columbo

    Leave a comment:


  • victorbrunswick
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    My two favorites were S.W.A.T. and Beretta.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Originally posted by sweep View Post
    When i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.
    I know what you meant. I was just larking about concerning how awful the Professionals was, even though I used to watch it myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fatboy
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    Although I was too young to appreciate the Sweeney when it was first on, I now absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best cop show ever in my opinion.

    Leave a comment:


  • sweep
    replied
    Re: which cop series?

    When i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X