Re: which cop series?
there were so many brill cop series.......tv has changed such a lot......i seem to watch less and less as i get older......is that because there's less good stuff being made or am i just getting picky?
Ad_Forums-Top
Collapse
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
which cop series?
Collapse
X
-
Re: which cop series?
For me,it was definately The Sweeney as far as britain went.US wise,Starsky and Hutch.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
I've got a CD of American Cop TV Shows, which has Police Woman on.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
Just listening to Paul O'Grady on Radio 2. He does a 'lost' TV theme every week and today it was Police Woman. I'd forgotten what a great theme it was! Here's a link. Clips followed by the theme itself. (Composed by the brilliant Henry Mancini).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLax5kn8tF4
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
I really liked CHiPs when it was on in the early to mid 1980's. I'm surprised ITV3 or 4 hasn't started repeating it.
The last time I saw it was on holiday in France in 1993, with some Silas style dubbing in use.
Thew rockford Files were a welcome watch in 1994-5, I used to have college in morning, & enough time to get home, have some lunch, go out & do a free paper round, & be home in time for TRF.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
Now I would rate it as one of my top three Brit cop shows Taggart and Cracker being the other two. don`t like the idea of a remake though can`t imagine anyone but John Thaw as Regan. CHIPs was a great show to never missed an episode.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
here is another which i love.
http://youtu.be/VYKdayl7BHM
it started in 77 ran to 83.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
Originally posted by sweep View PostOn reflexion the Sweeney had some of the best car chases on tv. but i think the stories were a little dark for me to appreciate at the time.
and what do u think of it know mate that is if u have seen it being a bit more grown up.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Re: which cop series?
Without a shadow of doubt - 'The Sweeney'. John Thaw and Dennis Waterman on top form. A bronze Ford Consul GT chasing a silver Jag S-Type most (early) episodes, and a veritable who's who of guest stars from that era. So many classic lines as well. I have every episode on DVD, both movies (neither as good as the TV series), the pilot, all three annuals, the soundtrack CD and the official Richmond Toys Consul GT model - and now an unofficial Oxford Diecast one. Top drawer Guv!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
My two favorites were S.W.A.T. and Beretta.
Leave a comment:
-
Guest repliedRe: which cop series?
I know what you meant. I was just larking about concerning how awful the Professionals was, even though I used to watch it myself.Originally posted by sweep View PostWhen i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
Although I was too young to appreciate the Sweeney when it was first on, I now absolutely love it. Without a doubt the best cop show ever in my opinion.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: which cop series?
When i said i preferred the professionals i was talking retrospectively. the quality of acting and storyline`s in the sweeny are obviously much better. but the greatest cop show of all time was the original Taggart from the early 80s.
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: