Sunday night drama back in the early 80s Itv, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday night drama back in the early 80s Itv, help

Does anyone remember a 3 (possibly 4) part drama that was aired on a Sunday night at 9pm on Central Tv back in the early 80's. Set in the Uk, it had two young male students that had left university, and cant settle back at home. They decide to leave their homes and drive around until they find a deserted mannor house. They set up home there and sell some of the antiques that are found in the house in the local village and befriend a free-spirited girl who joins them living in the house. The two men both fall in love with the girl, she has a child with one of them and shortly after the baby is born it passes away and they bury it in the garden.
    The owners of the house return and the 3 have to flee, the babys body is found in the garden and thats all I can remember.
    I have no idea who the actors were, what the programme was called etc but would be very grateful for any ideas of what it might have been called.

Re: Sunday night drama back in the early 80s Itv, help

Sorry I can't give you a title but this sounds similar to something I've been trying to remember for a couple of years.
    My memories are that the drama flipped between sometime in the 70's and some years later when the students had careers and the past caught up with them.

In my version one of the students drove around in an old red Morris Minor van. I think he had a Porsche in the flash forwards.
    I don't remember about a baby being buried, but I do remember something sinister had occurred and it was covered up. I thought there were more than 3 people involved but then it is always possible I am thinking of a different programme, (I was still at school in the early eighties, probably should have been in bed at 9pm on a Sunday!)

Comment

I think ameliasdad is remembering The 1992 BBC Ruth Rendell drama A Fatal Inversion. I looked on YouTube but could only find a brief trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cj3wufSjyA

I'm not sure about yours though, Shibbie.

Comment

Thanks NostalgiaGuy, thats brilliant, I can sleep at night now!
        I found the plot summary at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102126/ which reminded me of the whole thing.
        Could Shibbie's drama be an earlier adaptation of the same novel?, because the plots are quite similar.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X