Do you remember "The Moon Stallion"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember "The Moon Stallion"

It was a wonderful series set in Wessex, using sites such as Wayland's Smithy and the Uffington White Horse. I particularly remember a wheel of fire being rolled down the hill for Beltane.

A very atmospheric series.

Sarah Sutton, who played the main character Diana Purwell later went on to be a companion of Tom Baker in Doctor Who

Re: Do you remember "The Moon Stallion"

I remember it very well indeed, and ought really to get my act together to do a proper DYR entry for this one. It was a dark supernatural thriller set around ancient Pagan ritual in late Victorian times- the stable boy Todman had ambitions to become a warlock. An excellent series.
    Sarah Sutton spanned both Tom Baker and Peter Davison's tenure as The Doctor- she played Nyssa, princess of a benign alien civilisation who was also a brilliant scientist. She bowed out of the series in the episode 'Terminus', though in recent years returned to do a Dr. Who radio play when Christopher Ecclestone was The Doc.

Comment

I've never seen it but it was written by Bryan Hayles, who wrote many scripts for Doctor Who & came up with the Ice Warriors.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Claypole View Post
        It was a wonderful series set in Wessex, using sites such as Wayland's Smithy and the Uffington White Horse. I particularly remember a wheel of fire being rolled down the hill for Beltane.

Sarah Sutton, who played the main character Diana Purwell later went on to be a companion of Tom Baker in Doctor Who
        And of Peter Davison.

I remember watching it but can't remember much about it.

Comment

I remember loving this series. I think some or all of it may have been uploaded on line.

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
          ...She bowed out of the series in the episode 'Terminus', though in recent years returned to do a Dr. Who radio play when Christopher Ecclestone was The Doc.
          Yes, and infact Sarah has done quite a few Doctor Who radio plays since. A dozen or so, I think.

Comment

I remember watching it as a kid,and loved this drama.It had quite an impact on me.
            Found that Someone had put it up on u-tube so I just had to see it again,first time since the 70's.Could still be on there.May be worth checking it out.

Comment

I've never heard of this,but it sounds brilliant.I'm off to youtube to see if anyone has uploaded a bit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Claypole View Post

here it is.
                i can remember this.
                thanks for reminding miss cp.

quite a dr who connection regarding this series.

http://youtu.be/r7v9OQXFeJU
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                X