Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvin and the chipmunks.

A bit of info i found.

alvin and the chipmunls is an American animated music group created by ross bafdasarian jr for a novelty record in 1958.
    The group consists of three singing animated anthropomomorphic chpmunks Alvin the mischievous troublemaker who quickly became the star of the group Simon, the tall bespeckled intellectual and Theodore, the chubby, impressionable one.
    The trio is managed by their human adoptive father, David Seville. In reality, David Seville was Bagdasarian's stage name, and the Chipmunks themselves are named after the executives of their original record label. The characters became a success, and the singing Chipmunks and their manager were given life in several animated cartoon productions, using redrawn, anthropomorphic chipmunks, and eventually films. The voices of the group were all performed by Bagdasarian, who sped up the playback to create their high pitched voices.
    Last edited by darren; 14-12-2011, 01:58.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Alvin and the chipmunks.

Ross Bagdassarian wrote this song in 1951 which was a big hit for Rosemary Clooney. Actor George Clooney is Rosemary Clooney's nephew.

Comment

I hated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Weren't they on during Going Live? The voices aaarrrgh!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I first remember them being shown in Autumn 1990 on monday afternoons.

I can't hear the theme without imagining Andi Peters singing along & doing a hand jive worse than a Dad at a disco.

Possibly after their first run they moved to Going Live.

Channel 5 repeated them more recently.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It felt like it was earlier than 1990. I would have been too old for the cartoon by then really but god it was annoying. Especially the theme tune.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I had the Alvin and the Chipmunks sing the Beatles album when I was a kid.

Comment

Not long after 1990 I found out how long The Chipmunks had been around.

America's Top 10 once showed a clip of the original Chipmunk Song.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                I first remember them being shown in Autumn 1990 on monday afternoons.

I can't hear the theme without imagining Andi Peters singing along & doing a hand jive worse than a Dad at a disco.

Possibly after their first run they moved to Going Live.

Channel 5 repeated them more recently.
                do not remember them being on channel 5.
                when was this.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It was about 10 years ago in the early mornings. I used to chatch a bit of it when looking at 5 Text before going to work.

They also showed Muppet Babies in this slot.

Comment

Working...
                  X