Russell Harty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Harty?

Remember Russell Harty? Lovely bloke. I saw 'the unforgettable...Russell Harty' t'uther nite and did a few searches on the net and when I heard the closing theme of his show I recalled it all the more...Its funny how the gutter press outed him and yet today openly gay Grahame Norton is very much a modern day Harty....

My Mum used to watch his chat show I recall. Shame he died, he would have still been a great star and I bet he'd have been given a brand new chat show when Parky came back in 97/98 to re-start his chat show, I was at Uni at the time when he came back...I reckon ITV would have done it to rival Parky like in the old days, even though the two were mates.

Re: Russell Harty?

I used to like Harty in 1983-4, it's a shame the BBC couldn't work it out so he & Terry Wogan could have shared the 7pm chat show.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i missed that show the unforgettable russell harty.
      really wanted to see it.

i never knew russell was gay.
      i see he was only 54 when he died.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
      Remember Russell Harty? Lovely bloke. I saw 'the unforgettable...Russell Harty' t'uther nite and did a few searches on the net and when I heard the closing theme of his show I recalled it all the more...Its funny how the gutter press outed him and yet today openly gay Grahame Norton is very much a modern day Harty....

My Mum used to watch his chat show I recall. Shame he died, he would have still been a great star and I bet he'd have been given a brand new chat show when Parky came back in 97/98 to re-start his chat show, I was at Uni at the time when he came back...I reckon ITV would have done it to rival Parky like in the old days, even though the two were mates.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Daz, it was pretty obvious the man was gay, even as a kid I saw something different in him. Thats not being offensive, it was the same with Liberace, Danny La Rue, Larry Grayson, Michael Barrymore. However, Mum did used to say 'so and so's weird' when she saw them on tellie....One that DID surprise me was the actor, Alan Bates, he'd even had a long affair with Jason King's Peter Wyngard.

Comment

oh back then i never knew that about russell..

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
          Daz, it was pretty obvious the man was gay, even as a kid I saw something different in him. Thats not being offensive, it was the same with Liberace, Danny La Rue, Larry Grayson, Michael Barrymore. However, Mum did used to say 'so and so's weird' when she saw them on tellie....One that DID surprise me was the actor, Alan Bates, he'd even had a long affair with Jason King's Peter Wyngard.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X