TV series's that flopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV series's that flopped

The Big Bang Theory has joked a couple of times about Firefly being axed too early, as it was a favourite of Sheldon's.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember a pilot from a show called 'The Power Within' which never made it to a series. Could't find any video, but here's a link:

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-29660

It was about someone who could conduct electricity through his body (or something...)

Anyone recall this?

Comment

Not one I can recall,Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
          The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries- although not broadcast till 2000, this was actually MADE in 1998 and starred Diana Rigg as a wealthy widowed heiress in the mid 1920s and her faithful sidekick chauffeur, who were amateur detectives. Really a second-rate rip-off of Agatha Christie's Ms.Marple stories, it fell flat on it's face.
          To be fair, it is based on a series of novels starting in 1929. When the first one was published, Christie had written only one Miss Marple short story. Hardly a rip-off, just a similar idea that came at the same time.

AS for series that bombed, anyone remember King & Castle? Something of a Minder clone, but with a more limited premise and fewer potential storylines, it never really caught on despite the excellent cast.

Comment

I remember a particularly awful BBC sitcom starring Wendy Craig called Laura & Disorder. It was dire and lasted just one series

Comment

The brilliant Richard Briers & Ade Edmonson starred in a turkey called "If you see God tell him" about an eccentric disabled pensioner obsessed with TV ads and his long-suffering family. It only got one series, but wasn't exactly a stinker. I vaguely remember a "comedy" on the bbc, late 90's could have been, about a Circus (not a good idea!) and had quite a good cast including some ex-Eastenders. I can remember them plugging it on a bbc chat-show and being almost embarrassed about being cast in it!

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                The brilliant Richard Briers & Ade Edmonson starred in a turkey called "If you see God tell him" about an eccentric disabled pensioner obsessed with TV ads and his long-suffering family. It only got one series, but wasn't exactly a stinker.
                I remember it. It wasn't an episodic series, but a single story in about three or four episodes. It was never meant to be an ongoing series.

Was it really regarded as a turkey? I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
                  I remember it. It wasn't an episodic series, but a single story in about three or four episodes. It was never meant to be an ongoing series.

Was it really regarded as a turkey? I liked it.
                  IIRC it was written by David Renwick, & had been planning it for a few years before it was comissioned.

When he started on it he had Richard Wilson in mind for the lead role, but by the time it went into production Wilson was too well associated with Victor Meldrew.

Also it was delayed for a few months some things in it we too close to something in the news.

I only saw some of it, but it was quite good in places, with a good mix of comedy & drama.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                  X