Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 80s/Early 90s TV drama

Hi!

Been Googling furiously for months over this program and I can't remember it for the life of me.

Vague plot line was a girl (possibly late teens) who had some sort of learning difficulties (I believe) growing up on a farm in the North of England with her parents. From the clothes I remember them wearing, it could have been set in the 60's. The girl ends up meeting a man - I think he was some kind of salesman - as she was selling eggs. I seem to remember him having quote a nice car. Anyway, she gets pregnant by him, and she gives birth in the barn. Her parents take the baby away from her and the ending is of her crying and very upset about this. I seem to remember her having short, brown hair - perhaps her name was Jane? Or Jessie?

I think it was a one off TV drama. It was either on BBC One or ITV. I also seem to associate with the song Find My Love by Fairground Attraction playing at the end, though I can't be certain of that! I'm about 70% sure that the word 'day' was in the title too.

Hopefully someone knows what I am rambling on about!

Thanks!

Re: Late 80s/Early 90s TV drama

A small Dance?
    http://www.answers.com/topic/a-small-dance
    Heather

Comment

Re: Late 80s/Early 90s TV drama

Originally posted by littlewing View Post
      Hi!

Been Googling furiously for months over this program and I can't remember it for the life of me.

Vague plot line was a girl (possibly late teens) who had some sort of learning difficulties (I believe) growing up on a farm in the North of England with her parents. From the clothes I remember them wearing, it could have been set in the 60's. The girl ends up meeting a man - I think he was some kind of salesman - as she was selling eggs. I seem to remember him having quote a nice car. Anyway, she gets pregnant by him, and she gives birth in the barn. Her parents take the baby away from her and the ending is of her crying and very upset about this. I seem to remember her having short, brown hair - perhaps her name was Jane? Or Jessie?

I think it was a one off TV drama.
      The elements I've bolded actually sound a lot like Threads.

Comment

Working...
      X