A little bit of forgotten horror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of forgotten horror.

I've had a look through some of the threads but can't find this.
    I think it was on in the very late seventies or very early eighties.
    A husband and wife bought an old house. They decided to renovate it. During renovations, they found a stone or china jar sealed in an old wall. When they opened it, there was a mummified animal, possibly a cat. It is disposed of. Afterwards, strange and disturbing things start to happen. The woman believes she is being followed, she sees reflections in water, shadows in the house. When she looks towards them, there is nothing there. Her husband does not believe her. At the end of the programme, she wakes up in bed to find her husband gone. She goes down stairs to look for him, then finds him possessed by some being.

There is another programme. I don't have much to go on, except this:-
    A boy thinks his mother is a vampire. At the end of the programme, he looks out of his bedroom window and sees his mother crawling up the wall, has a vampire. He lays on his bed, and puts a crucifix on himself. He then settles down to sleep.

I think they may have been from a TV series, I'm not sure. Anybody remember?
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Re: A little bit of forgotten horror.

Originally posted by marc View Post
    A boy thinks his mother is a vampire. At the end of the programme, he looks out of his bedroom window and sees his mother crawling up the wall, has a vampire. He lays on his bed, and puts a crucifix on himself. He then settles down to sleep.
    That was an episode from the series Play For Today. Episode title Vampires.

I don't recall that the mother climbed up the wall, but she did show vampire teeth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375180/?ref_=fn_ep_tt_10

Comment

Thanks I. R. Fincham. It may be the one. The first one I mentioned was really frightening, at least when I watched it. Hope I can find it.

Comment

Hi Marc

The other programme that you are looking for sounds like an episode from Nigel Kneale's 'Beasts' called 'Baby'. The whole series is available on dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
          Hi Marc

The other programme that you are looking for sounds like an episode from Nigel Kneale's 'Beasts' called 'Baby'. The whole series is available on dvd.
          Thanks Retro Ghoul. That is the one. I've wondered about this for a long time.

Comment

Yes definitely one of the Beasts episodes. They're all available on YouTube, 'Baby' was probably the creepiest.

Comment

Working...
            X