Bod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bod

I have just spent an enjoyable hour watching episodes of Bod! In case anyone is interested, most of them seem to be available on www.youtube.com.

Fantastic, nostalgic stuff!

~Smee_1972

Yeah but i always thought Bod was rather Odd, or Oddbod, and thats straying into Carry On relams, Ooooooh Matron.

Comment

Yes - very Odd Bod, I agree! But weren't we lucky? The kids' shows of the late 70s/early 80s were often made by folk who had seemingly spent a good deal of their early life on drugs, hence the likes of The Clangers, etc!

Comment

Bod was wierd. Cool theme tune though.

Last edited by SG1973; 06-12-2006, 14:55.

Comment

Sure was, my mate Melvin loved him, must be his medication

Comment

Teehee

Comment

ho ho

Comment

Re: Bod

funny show this.

always thought bod was a girl looking at his face.

episodes where short but still good.
                first show in 1975 there where 13 episodes.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Was absolutely one of my faves back in the day.
                  Charming characters & that cool theme tune by the legendary Derek Griffiths.
                  In fact all the characters had their own theme tune.
                  Farmer Barleymow & PC Copper I remember well.
                  The series is still available on DVD, I may well have to get me a copy.

Comment

Never was able to fully work out if bod was a boy or a girl .Perhaps that was Bods appeal to boys and girls as they imagined bod was like themselves .Often I looked at Bod and thought that he had an Asian look about him/her. There was certainly a fair few quirks about the show. My younger brother absolutely adored the program even down to getting the Bod annuals etc. That loose jazzy theme tune was a good one and is still fresh in the memory after many years. Wonder where auntie flo got all her hats from, lol.

Comment

I did have one of the Bod story books when I was young, not sure if it's still in my parents loft or it when into a charity bag.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wasn't there also a frog in a bandstand at the end who had to choose a flavour of milkshake ? Or is that something else ? Or am I just completely insane ?

Comment

No you are not insane. The program was Alberto Frog who always seemed to want a milkshake at the end of the show and the other animal band members used to guess what flavor it was going to be.

Comment

Sadly the BBC managed to wipe the tapes of Alberto Frog.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I find it remarkable that the BBC trashed Alberto Frog years after it was supposed to have stopped trashing programs. In Alberto Frogs case as late as the 1990's along with many other 70's children's programs. It was made as part of the Bod program .But memory seems to relate to it being a separate program so perhaps the BBC separated it off from Bod at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                              X