Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    These are great stats Darren, thanks for going to the trouble of finding them. mate. as well as Michael Sheard RIP people tend to forget too I think what an acomplished actor George A Cooper who played Mr Grifffiths the caretaker was - who was in GH from the Xmas 1985 episode until the final episode of Series 15 from 1992.

Sadly that was Grange Hill's big major true annus horribilis for me!! It has taken me years and years to forgive such a disaster of a Series, it was probably only 2007/08 I only truly accepted it on it's own merits!
    no probs mate.
    ill never forget the last episode michael mr bronson was in.

he was so hard but in that episode he was in tears i remember him getting presents i think.

i tyhink we sometimes forget actors and actresses from GH also did many other things beside GH.
    it seems michael starred in dr episodes alongside the best dr.s going by the years he appeared in it.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i cant think of U Kshow where so many famous names wqe see on telly have went through GH Mate.
      yo u have todd carty who playes rucker went on to be in the bil,tuckers luck,eastenders etc

You also had susan tully who was also in eastenders.

Comment

Talking of george a cooper 80's chav did some checking and he was in a night to remember from 1958.
        that is the black and white film of the titanic.

but im sirprised it was so late before he came into GH.
        and i always thought he was in it for longer.

Comment

Michael was also in Auf Weidershen Pet where he played Herr Grunwald. I honestly thought Michael was German after watching this has he played such a convincing part, which says a lot for Michael's acting ability.

Michael also played a teacher in an episode of the Sweeney called Hit & Run (circa 1974, 1975).

Just thought I would add a link to provide more info for Micheal's career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Sheard#Career

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0790410/
          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Too true Darren, I agree with you about different actors. Sorry but somehow I never thought (and still don't think) that Todd Carty can act well at all. I never really liked Tucker either to be honest and if it was'nt for that Grange Hill was in London in the begining - how it was cruely named "The togger Show" etc etc from 2003 to 2008 I think it could easily of been re-named "Ticker Hill" for the screen-time and attention he was given I think.

I felt sorry for Bronsson in the Prom Episode quite a bit too in the the final one of Series 12 in 1989, but it was great to see the softer side he showed but sad too how people in GH conveniently seemed forget what a brute he had been towards Ant Jones and Danny in previous years - even ultimetly causing Danny's death.

Comment

Talking of george a cooper 80's chav did some checking and he was in a night to remember from 1958.
              that is the black and white film of the titanic.

I never knew George was in "A Night To Remember" Darren - thanks for the info,it's good to know! I knew George was an acomplished actor who'd been in a lot of stuff from previous era's but I never knew he was in "A Night To Remember" mate cheers!

Comment

Too true Darren, I agree with you about different actors. Sorry but somehow I never thought (and still don't think) that Todd Carty can act well at all. I never really liked Tucker either to be honest and if it was'nt for that Grange Hill was in London in the begining - how it was cruely named "The togger Show" etc etc from 2003 to 2008 I think it could easily of been re-named "Ticker Hill" for the screen-time and attention he was given I think.

I felt sorry for Bronsson in the Prom Episode quite a bit too in the the final one of Series 12 in 1989, but it was great to see the softer side he showed but sad too how people in GH conveniently seemed forget what a brute he had been towards Ant Jones and Danny in previous years - even ultimetly causing Danny's death.
                it goes to probe that bronson had a soft side.
                but i thought danny was not the nicest of fellas in the show.

one reason i feel he was so emotional is because of danny dyng.

Comment

I never knew George was in "A Night To Remember" Darren - thanks for the info,it's good to know! I knew George was an acomplished actor who'd been in a lot of stuff from previous era's but I never knew he was in "A Night To Remember" mate cheers!
                  no bother mate.
                  happy to do it.
                  thing is ive seen night to remember many times and never knew he was i it till ifoundout recently.

going to do some background on other cast members.
                  always great to see what else they have done eh mate.

Comment

gwyneth powell who played miss mccluskey was in 168 episodes drom 1980 to 1991.

stuart organ who played mr robson was in 264 episodes from 1988 to 2003.

Comment

there where 31 seasons.
                      6 hundred and one episodes.
                      first season only had nine episodes.

Comment

gwyneth powell was in an episode of z cars from 1972.
                        she was also in dixon of dock green for 5 episodes from 72 till 76.

she played the following characters in those 5 episodes,Anne Hastings, Diana Barnet, Jane Mason.

Comment

check these links eighties chav mate.
                          part 1
                          http://youtu.be/3F2oonaLNEo
                          part 2.
                          http://youtu.be/ZS8kTXi6j0s
                          part 3.
                          http://youtu.be/ahC78CH3K8k
                          part 4.
                          http://youtu.be/_3gA7SwuZA0

Comment

it goes to probe that bronson had a soft side.
                            but i thought danny was not the nicest of fellas in the show.

one reason i feel he was so emotional is because of danny dyng.

I can see what you mean, Darren about Danny - but I always found him ok to be honest with you, though of course he was ill and I think Bronson just would not recognise that fact at all sadly I think though all this only came about with Danny was because he had not got Ant Jones to bully and continue having a vendetta against when he moved to St Joes. Ant was totaly different to Danny and if it was'nt Danny it could easily of been say Ziggy, Gonch, Vince etcor anyone even he had picked to "single out" I think!!

Comment

I can see what you mean, Darren about Danny - but I always found him ok to be honest with you, though of course he was ill and I think Bronson just would not recognise that fact at all sadly I think though all this only came about with Danny was because he had not got Ant Jones to bully and continue having a vendetta against when he moved to St Joes. Ant was totaly different to Danny and if it was'nt Danny it could easily of been say Ziggy, Gonch, Vince etcor anyone even he had picked to "single out" I think!!
                              it was sure one of the best stories in GH.
                              perhaps bronson thought he was just acting as if he was sick.

ill have to watch it over again to remember it fully.

Comment

gwyneth powell who played miss mccluskey was in 168 episodes drom 1980 to 1991.

stuart organ who played mr robson was in 264 episodes from 1988 to 2003.
                                Mrs McClusky was'nt the 2nd longest serving Teacher/Member of Staff, sadly though Darren as much as I wished she was or could of been. That honour belongs to Mr Hankin, who clocked up one more year than her -being in GH from 1990 to 2002, though i'm unsure if he w as in more episodes!

Comment

Working...
                                X