X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grange hill

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    Gabriel Kent in The Bill
    I am also a big fan of Todd as Tucker, but I personally think that he was awesome in The Bill.
    In fact I am going to revisit those episodes very soon.........

Comment

watched the first episode the other day on you tube thats it the bug has took control
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
        watched the first episode the other day on you tube thats it the bug has took control
        Me too Mark, I'm on series 4 now and enjoying the nostalgia. It was really quite daring for its time, and the first school story to tackle difficult issues rather than the Enid Blyton jolly hockey sticks stuff. What I had forgotten though is how awful Pogo Patterson was...all that heavy breathing, talking as if he had a throat full of phlegm and constant moaning...ew yuk! Please tell me he wasn't in it for long. I feel sick every time he speaks!

Comment

Great retro stuff carnt beat it
          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by ianharding View Post
            I wonder if there might be the 90's episodes released on DVD!, even though ive seen them on YouTube!!, i loved GH, when i was younger!

I don't think there will be any anytime soon Ian, though really there should be some I'd think and hope. Is the 1990s your era Ian? I think it was one of the best decades easily - though really there was only 2 full decades - the 1980s and 1990s!

Why is it I often think with the best TV Programmes - it takes ages for them to be be brought out on to DVD (or video) as it used to be and even then they only bring out the first few Series like has been with Grange Hill so far!

Fair is fair royalties have to be paid but bring DVD's out of old programmes and it re-creates that lost interest, as well as all the revenue they relevant people would receive. It doesn't make much sense to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              Why is it I often think with the best TV Programmes - it takes ages for them to be be brought out on to DVD (or video) as it used to be and even then they only bring out the first few Series like has been with Grange Hill so far!

Fair is fair royalties have to be paid but bring DVD's out of old programmes and it re-creates that lost interest, as well as all the revenue they relevant people would receive. It doesn't make much sense to me!!
              Well, basically the BBC didn't do anywhere as well as their predicted sales of the first four series, so it looks like it isn't financially viable for them to release the rest.
              The only real hope for a proper release is if a company such as Network does some kind of deal with the BBC for DVD rights.
              This is certainly possible, as many different classic/retro series are available on DVD, & a large amount of them are far less popular that Grange Hill, so let's just keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                Well, basically the BBC didn't do anywhere as well as their predicted sales of the first four series, so it looks like it isn't financially viable for them to release the rest.
                The only real hope for a proper release is if a company such as Network does some kind of deal with the BBC for DVD rights.
                This is certainly possible, as many different classic/retro series are available on DVD, & a large amount of them are far less popular that Grange Hill, so let's just keep our fingers crossed.
                I agree with you DemonEyex - a very close friend campaigned for years to have them brought out on DVD - though he as as good as aid they never showed any interest = the poor sales in a way. After all cutting out the songs played etc can not help (even though yes the artists request a fair price), it is not a lot of songs we'd be talking with a minamal cost in the grand scheme of things that I sense put people off buying the DVD's too. It is all part of the programme (any I feel/think) and often discourages any interest. It'd be good though in another way if a Network picked up Grange Hill with new Series'. What it gave to/and did for the BBC as a programme is so sad that it finished with the whimper and no celebrations as it did in 2008 :cry:

Comment

I was and still am unsure if to make a new thread in "Gone but not forgotten" as sadly a 5th ex cast member of Grange Hill has passed away Yesterday. Adam Ray who played the Art Teacher Mr Brisley from 1992 to 1999 and was in the top 5 longest surving Teachers in Grange Hill.

If Heather or HG could move this thread to "Gone bit not forgotten" it would be appreciated. I wish I could add more details about Adam's Career but unfortunatly I don't know of any more really.

RIP Adam Ray

Comment

I used to love the Double Dare Gang, I am sure they influence me when I was at School because I started to do dares like them after seeing them... I watched it from like 1997-2008 I used to love the show but never liked how it ended and how since then they don't show it at all, I think a lot of people would enjoy it and it would help the CBBC in the long run but I know they won't rerun them and as I think was mentioned here only the first four series are out on DVD.

Comment

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

ARENT THESE JUST BRILLIANT.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          I have got both these Annuals somewhere Darren. both are brilliant indeed

The one here is the last but one ever I think

80sChav
                          Last edited by 80sChav; 18-02-2016, 23:05.

Comment

YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE THEM MATE.
                            BE WORTH A FEW QUID I THINK.

Comment

Comment

VERY EARLY ONE THIS.

Last edited by darren; 19-02-2016, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X