Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grange hill

Originally posted by darren View Post
    yes judy if i remember was only in the first series.

i remember at the end of that series she ended up going to a different school.
    although i think she made an odd appearance in later series wearing the uniform of her new school.

i think penny had red or ginger hair.
    she was on the school council i think.
    Do you remember when Imelda cut Vince's tie in GH Daren?! Though he was a drip ... you had to have sympathy for him as a un-derated character I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
      Some girl called Judy fell to her death around the late 90s and not long afterwards fell to her death in real life too.
      It was Judi Jefferies who you are thinking of who was played the late and amazingly talented Laura Sadler - who found fame in Holby city for a short time before her passing in 2003.

It's such a shame when I think of how great a star Laura might of become, by possibly may-be going onto other thing's in TV in either the British Isles or possibly America - which she could more than of managed I think. How life immitated art as it did for her, was so tragic I feel. No Grange Hill fan will ever forget Laura I believe. RIP Laura.
      Last edited by 80sChav; 03-07-2011, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        Do you remember when Imelda cut Vince's tie in GH Daren?! Though he was a drip ... you had to have sympathy for him as a un-derated character I think.
        cannot remember that mate.

which series was that in.

do u remember the lid who died he fell off a building outside a big shopping centre.
        think it was the third series.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

check this link.
          great memories.
          http://youtu.be/jEVeWCEhiKk

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            cannot remember that mate.

which series was that in.

do u remember the lid who died he fell off a building outside a big shopping centre.
            think it was the third series.

It was Series 10 from 1987 Darren.

I can remember the scene you have mentioned, though the mid 80s to early/mid 90s is more my era than from 78 to 84.

Comment

Thinking about Grange Hill as a mega major fan of it (from day 1 though I obviously never watched it in 1978), who think's it should be brought back??! One day if I can get enough numbers i'm hoping to possiblysend a petition to Phil Redmond and say if it does'nt fit in with what the BBC want - as it did'nt by 2008 as it was aimed at Year 7/8s - 1st/2nd Years, could another TV Station take it on with your blessing possibly please Phil (or would you be willing to let the fan's help you out with it?).

What do other members think about these possible ideas?

Comment

It was Series 10 from 1987 Darren.

I can remember the scene you have mentioned, though the mid 80s to early/mid 90s is more my era than from 78 to 84.
                when did you first start watching GH mate.
                and did you watch it till it sadly finished.

i watched it till it finished.
                A lot of the early series i never saw and so i have watched them on youtube.

Comment

Thinking about Grange Hill as a mega major fan of it (from day 1 though I obviously never watched it in 1978), who think's it should be brought back??! One day if I can get enough numbers i'm hoping to possiblysend a petition to Phil Redmond and say if it does'nt fit in with what the BBC want - as it did'nt by 2008 as it was aimed at Year 7/8s - 1st/2nd Years, could another TV Station take it on with your blessing possibly please Phil (or would you be willing to let the fan's help you out with it?).

What do other members think about these possible ideas?
                  id be with you on those ideas mate.
                  id gladly sign a petition.

even if there where no new series made id be very happy if they showed it on itv or channel 4 right from the very start yp until the end.

it would be great for those of us who remember it to see it again.

and for those not old enough to remember it for them to see it and become the next generation of fans.

Comment

Grange Hill and what you'd consider it's "best times"

I think there quite a few ... obviously the Tucker era from 1978 to 1982 (though i'm just not fan of Tucker etc). I even go as far as freely admitting (though I should'nt as a GH fan) that Todd Carty just can not act at all i think.

For me though the best era was 1985 to 1991 wuth a truly absymal "Hannis Horribliss" of a Year in 1992 which I am only recently just struggling to accept as ok as far as ok can go in these situations!

I think GH had 2 very bad years from the untila n amazing florish in 1994 - that many fan's think of asthe start of "The Wilderness Years" ... then for me nothing happemd properly until 2000/2001 aand an utterly amazing Series 25! I love Liverpool as a City, always have and appreciate it so much but with all due respect ... what if GH had never moved there - what'd of happend after the amzing Series 25 I wonder!!?

Comment

• Re: Grange Hill and what you'd consider it's "best times"

For me the best years of Grange Hill were the early ones before it became too much like a mini soap.They were also the years I was at my secondary school.But as with many school based programs it was only really relevant when I was at school.Most of the programs fan base was at school so once I left myself then I never really followed it beyond say 1983.The early episodes were quite revolutionary and very gritty for the period they were first shown in.I don't think there was anything like it on TV before it.Story lines were also very daring for the time,another reason for us to watch it.Everybody used to talk about the latest episode for a few days after it was shown.Tucker was ok back then in Grange Hill,but I never liked the spin off Tucker's luck.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                        For me the best years of Grange Hill were the early ones before it became too much like a mini soap.They were also the years I was at my secondary school.....I never liked the spin off Tucker's luck.
                        I can relate to the first part of this. The early Grange Hill; say the first two, maybe three series were wonderful. But as for 'Tucker's Luck', I think I quite liked it.

Comment

• Re: Grange hill

my favorite is tucker also gripper

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                            For me the best years of Grange Hill were the early ones before it became too much like a mini soap.They were also the years I was at my secondary school.But as with many school based programs it was only really relevant when I was at school.Most of the programs fan base was at school so once I left myself then I never really followed it beyond say 1983.The early episodes were quite revolutionary and very gritty for the period they were first shown in.I don't think there was anything like it on TV before it.Story lines were also very daring for the time,another reason for us to watch it.Everybody used to talk about the latest episode for a few days after it was shown.Tucker was ok back then in Grange Hill,but I never liked the spin off Tucker's luck.
                            from what i remember tuckers luck never ran for that long.
                            it was a good idea it just never took off.

up until the nineties it was very gritty.
                            One episode i remember is a pupil got killed by falling off the top of a building a shopping mall i think it was.

Comment

Ro - laaaaannnnnnnddddddd!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was watching a GH dvd last night.
                                Have the dvd eps been cut? They only run for about 19 minutes each.
                                The eps i have on tape run for longer than that

Comment

Working...
                                X