Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folk music storrytelling for kids sunday mornings ITV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folk music storrytelling for kids sunday mornings ITV?

Does anyone remember an early morning show in the 80s, possibly very early 90s that just had a man on a stool singing folk songs about a farmyard? He definitely played the guitar and I think there was a kind of farm set in the background there was a focus on the farm's gate. Whenever there was an ad break, he would croon #Don't go away, i'll be back in a minute or twoooo# I'd really like to know what it's called as I can't find anything on Google.

I think the show that was on before it had lots of cheap cartoons from Europe, the weirdest being a stop motion animation with two naked cavemen with big beards, tiny genitals and all. The actual show itself had mascots that were jellybeans with arms and legs. I know this sounds like a halucinatory dream/nightmare, but what bad 80s kids show wasn't? I'd like to know what that was called as well if possible.

Thanks for any help anybody can give

Re: Folk music storrytelling for kids sunday mornings ITV?

Alphabet Zoo?? Tickle on the Tum?
    Last edited by sixtyten; 29-04-2007, 15:53.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you on whether either of those are right when I can find any video, pictures or sound of them for an identification

Comment

It sounds very much like a program called "The Storyteller"

The soundtrack went something like :-

"I'm a story teller, and my story must be told"

"In Russia I am Ivan
        In Sweden I am Jan,
        In Germany I'm Johann,

In England I am John...."
        Hope that helps

Woff

Comment

Originally posted by Woffski View Post
          It sounds very much like a program called "The Storyteller"
          The Storyteller is the American Jim Henson mini-series right? With all the Brothers Grimm type fairy tales? I think it's about the opposite in budget, entertainment value (storyteller being brilliant) and filming location to what I'm thinking of but thank you anyway

On the other two suggestions, I've seen one picture of Tickle on the Tum and it seems to be set in a shop with other people coming in, so it can't be that. In the show i'm thinking of, the man is always talking directly to camera.
          I'm pretty sure it was on ITV around the same time period that Bright Sparks and Once Upon A Time, Life... were on Channel 4

Comment

Hmm after seeing jim Henson in the mix i had to do a bit of digging. the Storeyteller Circa 1988 with by Jim Henson is completeley different to what im talking about.

After a little googling i believe the correct title is "Storybook International" and hopefully you should be able to see a picture of the bloke from the credits below :-

Any nearer the mark ?

Woff

After re-reading your origional post im guessing this isnt it either but you never know :-)
            Last edited by Woffski; 30-04-2007, 14:28.

Comment

It's not that either but thank you very much for your research
              In the program I'm thinking of it's live action and the bloke has a soft west country accent. It could still be Alphabet Zoo but i'd have to see it or hear it Someone I know saw it too, every sunday, but can't remember the title either.
              Last edited by totakeke; 30-04-2007, 14:56.

Comment

Yeah i thought as much, the animated bloke was just the intro tho and the main story was live action and not animated.

Anyway back on track with Alphabet Zoo. This was fronted by the same guy who did Tickle on the Tum, Ralph McTell, and also Nerys Hughes. He was born in Farnbrough (not sure if thats west country or not) and he also had a big hit with Streets of London.

The best pic i can get of him around that time for you is this one :-

Any good ?

Comment

My friend remembers it has Farm in the title, but I'm not sure where to find a list of 80s kids show where you can search any part of a title ... that actually has Farm in it.

Comment

?? Dappledown Farm with Brian Cant?

Comment

Well Daz it looks like you did it again.

Comment

Nice one Daz
                        Heather

Comment

Dunno,he did have a country accent in that,but don't recall guitars

Comment

Did he do play away or play school, something like that
                            Heather

Comment

Both..The mans a Legend!

Comment

Working...
                              X