Tiswas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiswas

was due for transmission tonight,but has been put back.Even the Tiswas website don't have a date yet

Comment

ahh right, my family kept saying it was for tonight, but I could find no listing for it.
      Heather

Comment

This is what we want!!

Comment

Drooooooooolllllll
          The eyes have it!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
            was due for transmission tonight,but has been put back.Even the Tiswas website don't have a date yet
            Have you got a link to the site please?
            Last edited by sixtyten; 18-05-2007, 12:40.
            Heather

Comment

http://www.tiswasonline.com/news.php

Last edited by sixtyten; 18-05-2007, 12:40.

Comment

ThanK you

So did I miss it?, it say's its due out on dvd soon,or did they pull the plug all together?
                Last edited by Heather74; 18-05-2007, 18:56.
                Heather

Comment

http://reunited.tiswasonline.com/

The DVD available now is not the reunited show, its a rehash of what was previously available on VHS.
                  The show has not been aired yet..june
                  The Reunited DVD is released 16th June..after it airs on TV
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 18-05-2007, 14:54.

Comment

ohhhh ...I see TY
                    Heather

Comment

What I can't understand is why no one ever mentions John Asher. He was the original presenter with Chris Tarrant and he appeared on the show for over 18 months, so it wasn't as if he was only a flash-in-the-pan!!
                      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Bit to early for me..Tiswas wasn't shown in my region till the very late 70's:cry:

Comment

Oh ! Didn't realise that Daz - I thought it was a Nation Wide thing - must've been introduced specially for us crazy Midlanders then *rofl*

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
                            One off show to be aired soon on ITV Saturday night.
                            Saturday the 16th of June at 9.15pm
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
                              What I can't understand is why no one ever mentions John Asher. He was the original presenter with Chris Tarrant and he appeared on the show for over 18 months, so it wasn't as if he was only a flash-in-the-pan!!
                              That was when I watched it...in 1974-5, when Asher was Tarrant's co-presenter and it was shown only in the Midlands. There was also another presenter named Peter Tomlinson (remember him?) and a sports presenter named Trevor East, who presented a segment called Tiswas Trevor Time. Terry Thomas (no, not that one) presented a fishing segment and the theme tune was a piece of stock 70's music called Atomic Butterfly (available for download - along with all the show's other themes - on the Tiswas web site). I remember they were always making fun of the Black Country town of Bilston (can't remember why - they probably just thought it was a funny name), and every time anyone mentioned "torrential rain" they would promptly get soaked by having a bucket of water thrown over them . They used to show episodes of the 60's Tarzan series starring Ron Ely as part of the show (and once screened the 1966 Adam West Batman movie over two weeks).

And then in 1976 my family emigrated to Australia, so I never saw the later, nationally-networked version of Tiswas that everyone else remembers...

Comment

Wow thanks for your reply Nutty - I was beginning to think I'd dreamt him up !! I DO remember the others you mention now you have jolted my grey matter especially Terry Thomas (probably because of the name) and the soaking on the mention of torrential rain !!

I'd have given up the chance to watch Tiswas if I was going to OZ you lucky devil you !! Hope you are having a great life down under.

Comment

Working...
                                X