Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wierd Frankenstein/Robot magic/illusion act from late 70s/early 80s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Frankenstein/Robot magic/illusion act from late 70s/early 80s.

Please help! Does anybody remember a weird magic/illusion act from the late 70s or early 80s. From what I remember there was some kind of professor/creator in a laboratory and he brought to life a robot/frankenstein's monster type thing. The act involved a confusion between the creator/monster whereby it wasn't clear whose identities were which (I think the monster may have gained control over the creator!). I'm sure that there was a part of the act in which the creator and monster ascended a ramp. The whole thing was set to some jerky,weird, synthesized music, electrical arcing noises and strobe effects. I remember seeing this act twice on TV and it may have been on something like a Paul Daniels Christmas show or even a variety show. For a child it was very disturbing. I'd love to know more.
    Last edited by Martin Pickles; 06-06-2007, 18:14.

Re: Wierd Frankenstein/Robot magic/illusion act from late 70s/early 80s.

Sound's very much like the one you were looking for Daz
    Heather

Comment

Yep, thats the one I was looking for info on

told you I never dreamt it up
      Last edited by sixtyten; 06-06-2007, 15:54.

Comment

lol nor sniffing at the paint fumes
        Heather

Comment

Daz
          I'm new to this site and I'm finding it difficult to find a posting from you about this. Please tell me what you remember or how to find the posting. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Pickles View Post
            Daz
            I'm new to this site and I'm finding it difficult to find a posting from you about this. Please tell me what you remember or how to find the posting. Many thanks.
            I remember the same as you..
            https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...t=frankenstein

Comment

Finally found it!
              on a magic forum..
              Al Carthy

http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic206...t=frankenstein
              http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/p...9158&forum=130
              Last edited by sixtyten; 06-06-2007, 19:10.

Comment

Very thankful for this info Daz. The end 'punchline' where the robot pulls the head off the professor must have been somewhere deep in the recesses of my memory. Thanks for doing a big jog to my memory and thanks for the links to other forums. All we need now is a clip of it on Youtube. I've often thought that it would be great if the BBC ran a programme showing old clips requested by the public. Anyway - Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Pickles View Post
                  I've often thought that it would be great if the BBC ran a programme showing old clips requested by the public.
                  Yeah! bring back Ask Aspel!!

Comment

Thanks to Chakkers for the link

YouTube - Mad scientist illusion-Paul Daniels show

Comment

Now I do remember seeing this act, but I am sure I also saw a similar act years ago involving a girl somehow.
                      Anyone else recall this?
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                      X